Cayman Register
New Thread
Go Back   Cayman Register Forums > Site Management > News Items (Public) > Picture of the Month (Public)

Notices

Picture of the Month (Public) This forum contains our "Picture of the Month", the newest of which will be proudly displayed on our front page. The contents of this forum are public and viewable by unregistered visitors.

Post #21 (URL for Single or Threaded post)  
Old 06-14-2013, 12:13 AM

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Re: Picture of the Month #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krokodil View Post
Thanks.

For a few fixed configuration tracks:

WSIR - 1:24.1
AAA Roval - 1:44.5
Chuckwalla - 1:52.7

Cheers,
-thats really humpin!! Thanks for the other track references too. On average my base car is about 12 seconds behind. Seems like an eternity.. We ran #1 long version CW with Nasa. First time with them and did a 212. New track record was set in same session with an m3 at 210.8. Have to run 245r6 square to make class. Will be adding stiffer springs next. Need to drop 1.5 secs and hoping the springs will do it. Not a lot of mods can be done to stay in class. But, if I add the 3.4 I would bump up two classes and can do a few more mods (no aero) Times are apx. 3-4 seconds faster. I think with a tuned 3.4 restricted to about 280whp and larger tires it may be possible? By chance, can you recall some of your times when it was a gen1 on pss9's? Hey lets switch cars at the next one Bring that beast to el toro some day.
Scroll Up!
  Post #22 (URL for Single or Threaded post)  
Old 06-14-2013, 08:16 PM
PCA Member / CaymanSpec Rules Team

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBD View Post
... By chance, can you recall some of your times when it was a gen1 on pss9's? Hey lets switch cars at the next one Bring that beast to el toro some day.
Hmmm. Testing my memory.

As a 3.4 street car with full interior, stock exhaust, no aero, PSS9, and Hooiser R6s we did a 1:32.0 at WSIR and a 1:52.X at AAA Roval. I believe the car weighed about 3270 with driver (and made about 285 RWHP or so).

When we first gutted the car, added aero, opened the exhaust, but kept the car on PSS9s and R6s we ran about 1:27 or 1:28 at WSIR and about 1:48 at AAA Roval. The car weighed about 2920 or so and made about 303 RWHP.

Adding slicks, the JRZ's, and removing a bit more weight took us down a couple of more seconds and then the 3.8 another second or so.

I can not remember my BW times, but I suspect they are on MyLaps.

I may try to find a weekend that works to bring the car to El Toro. It has been a very long time since I have AXed (as evidenced by my clipping a cone in Vegas) so I wouldn't expect much.

Cheers,

Last edited by Krokodil; 06-14-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Scroll Up!
  Post #23 (URL for Single or Threaded post)  
Old 06-15-2013, 10:21 AM

Downloads: 0

Good stuff for data comparison. Thanks for sharing. Based off your results the cayman S could fair well in Nasa. Next weekend is a free instructor appreciation day at the Q. They will also be recreating the slalom feature from Vegas. Should be interesting*
Scroll Up!