View Single Post
  Post #16 (URL for Single or Threaded post)  
Old 06-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Cayman Register Administrator
6,000 post club

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 3
Re: Picture of the Month #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexL8 View Post
Another CR first, pre and post processed photos. Looks like beez did some contrast work the highlights are much poppier. Feel free to use that word I just made up, "poppier".
If only there was a "poppier" button in Photoshop - life would be so much easier. I usually spend anywhere from 30-minutes to an hour working on most POTMs in Photoshop so they look good on the site, then I usually send the member a large copy of their enhanced picture for them to keep. One of the reasons why I ask for un-processed pictures. There's always some exceptions, of course - the picture before this one was shot by a professional who is also an Adobe certified Photoshop expert, so I took what he sent and posted it, and it looked fabulous. In this case because it was Pete, I asked him to send me the RAW file, and I spent about two hours on it - a lot of little tweaks in RAW - then 30 minutes alone just to mask-out the car from the rest of the picture, then masking gonzo out from the rest of the car. I also added a slight motion blur to the background - it was obvious that's what Pete was going for, I just helped it along... anyway, a little peek behind the POTM curtain...

I'll talk to my friends at Adobe about that "poppier" button, sounds like such a a simple thing.

BTW, the cupboard is getting a little bare on POTMs, so feel free to send some my way... please.
Scroll Up!