View Single Post
  Post #11 (URL for Single or Threaded post)  
Old 01-28-2015, 05:50 PM
Cayman Register Administrator
6,000 post club

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 3
Re: Picture of the Month #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varejao17 View Post
Nice! Was it a real tilt-shift?

ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Love it. I especially like the long shadows off the rocks, and the contrast of sharp focus in the foreground and a bit of a blur in the background. I'm wondering, how did you accomplished that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
Google "tilt-shift".

There are apps and programs that allow you to do a fake "tilt-shift" effect, but it can also be done with very expensive lenses.

Perhaps Brad or one of the forum photogs can chime in. I have messed around with an app, and it can be very effective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Tilt Shift is pretty cool. Thanks for the heads up.
To get the real tilt-shift, this picture was shot with an early 1970s vintage 4x5” Sinar P view camera with a 90mm Schneider Super Angulon 90mm f/8 lens, equipped with a wide-angle bellows, on 4x5” Fuji Velvia ISO 100 color transparency film. The top of the front plane of the camera was tilted down, and the front was also shifted up, while the top of the back plane was tilted back slightly, and was shifted down. The transparency was scanned in a Hasselblad Flextight X5 scanner to 10,000 pixels wide @ 600 pixels/inch.

Nah, just kidding.... it was shot with a Droid Razr, and I used Photoshop CC 2014 to do a lot of masking, exposure and color correction, then used the tilt-shift tool. Here's the original:

Click the image to open in full size.
Scroll Up!