Cayman Register

Cayman Register (https://caymanregister.org/index.php)
-   Picture of the Month (Public) (https://caymanregister.org/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Picture of the Month #14 (https://caymanregister.org/showthread.php?t=30347)

beez 04-22-2011 12:05 PM

Picture of the Month #14

Click to see a full size image.

whohnek's '08 Meteor Grey Cayman S takes in the view from the scenic overlook in Balltown,
Iowa, looking out over the Mississippi River valley to the east, on a trip last summer along the
Iowa portion of the Great River Road. The GRR is nearly 3,000 miles long, is made up of county
roads and old highways, and runs through 10 states along the Mississippi River.

Ed Merry 04-22-2011 02:09 PM

Re: Picture of the Month #14

Quote:

Originally Posted by beez (Post 334759)

Click to see a full size image.

whohnek's '08 Meteor Grey Cayman S takes in the view from the scenic overlook in Balltown,
Iowa, looking out over the Mississippi river valley to the east, on a trip last summer along the
Iowa portion of the Great River Road. The GRR is nearly 3,000 miles long, is made up of county
roads and old highways, and runs through 10 states along the Mississippi River.

Thanks. Sometime if you come East, try to BLue Ridge parkway from Cherokee, NC to I-64 at Afton, VA. Wonderful twisty roads with many vistas. I plan to drive some of it next week after Easter and perhaps have some more mictures as well. . Drive safe. Ed

Speedy 04-22-2011 03:26 PM

Another beautiful Meteor Gray composition!

Surely this is the best color? :tongue:

Santa Fe 04-22-2011 05:56 PM

The Cayman surveys its kingdom...

Lobaeux 04-23-2011 09:35 AM

Great picture.
I second Ed on the Blue Ridge Parkwa, fantastic roads! My family lives very close to there, just south of Asheville. For a good day trip, drive out to Lake Lure/Chimney Rock, some fantastic roads and some tourist-trap shopping areas. Try the Hershey's Ice Cream store near the Chimney Rock Park entrance, my mother used to own that store.
The Tail of the Dragpn is always a recommendation, but I'd only drive it at the very beginning of spring. It's probably packed with vehicle traffic now.

whohnek 04-26-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santa Fe (Post 334781)
The Cayman surveys its kingdom...

I like it !!!

Speedy 04-26-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lobaeux (Post 334808)
Try the Hershey's Ice Cream store near the Chimney Rock Park entrance, my mother used to own that store.

It's been a while, but I've been there! Very cool.

I always recommend folks drive the Parkway. I like it so much, it's on my license plate. One of my favorite roads is 226 near Little Switzerland. It's a loop road which winds down off the Parkway to Marion and then back up again. I've made several passengers car sick on this road! :embarassed: Another is NC 80 which crosses the Parkway and heads north to Micaville or south to Lake Tahoma. The portion just south of the Parkway is particularly amazing!

beez 04-26-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whohnek (Post 334921)
I like it !!!

Thank you for submitting the picture...