Cayman Register

Cayman Register (https://caymanregister.org/index.php)
-   Picture of the Month (Public) (https://caymanregister.org/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Picture of the Month #7 (https://caymanregister.org/showthread.php?t=29724)

beez 09-12-2010 05:53 PM

Picture of the Month #7

Click to see a full size image.

Speedy's Meteor Grey '08 Cayman S seems to be leaning into a persistent fog, while stopped
at the Bad Fork Valley Overlook at mile post 400 along the Blue Ridge Parkway in May 2009.

Santa Fe 09-12-2010 06:14 PM

Re: Picture of the Month #7

That is a really nice mono color photo. Perfectly shouts speed, mystery, exotic and adventure if you dare.

gomarlins3 09-12-2010 08:01 PM

Very nice. Love the shot.

Speedy 09-13-2010 09:24 PM

I'm honored!

Gator Bite 09-14-2010 08:50 AM

Very majestic photo of a Cayman. That's a real opportunity shot. How do you find fog like that....?

I love the Picture of the Month. It really keeps the place interesting and dynamic and allows all of the members to be highlighted and have ownership of the place. Thanks to everyone who has participated and provided pictures. I enjoy them very much, and I suspect many others do too.

Speedy 09-14-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gator Bite (Post 325488)
That's a real opportunity shot. How do you find fog like that....?

Fog is pretty common on the Parkway, but it was about as thick as I've ever seen it that day. At times I was having to drive less than 15 mph as I couldn't see much past the front of the car!

At one point, I came around a bend to find a roadside mowing crew and their mower in the opposite lane. They were surprised to see anyone on the road, and I was really happy no one was coming the other way! :eek2:

Also, just before I took this picture, a NC State Trooper - a very rare site on the Parkway in my experience - came through the fog in the opposite direction I had been traveling. He drove past me and then pulled into the overlook behind me, drove up, and stopped his car next to me. (I was out of the car taking pictures at this point). He sat in the car, looking directly at me, for about 15 seconds. I waved to him. He gave no response and drove off. Very strange...

beez 09-14-2010 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gator Bite (Post 325488)
Very majestic photo of a Cayman. That's a real opportunity shot. How do you find fog like that....?

Fog machine behind the trees -

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy (Post 325493)
Also, just before I took this picture, a NC State Trooper - a very rare site on the Parkway in my experience - came through the fog in the opposite direction I had been traveling. He drove past me and then pulled into the overlook behind me, drove up, and stopped his car next to me. (I was out of the car taking pictures at this point). He sat in the car, looking directly at me, for about 15 seconds. I waved to him. He gave no response and drove off. Very strange...

He wanted to know where you rented such a good fog machine...

Santa Fe 09-14-2010 02:13 PM

The trooper was probably trying to figure out the single rear fog light on the Cayman. Can I ticket him for that??

Speedy 09-14-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beez (Post 325499)
He wanted to know where you rented such a good fog machine...

I told him I didn't have the foggiest idea where to find one!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself... :embarassed:

The Chad 09-15-2010 07:21 AM

The NC FOG! Very nice pic it looks Mysterious

Chad

Gary Shondeck 09-15-2010 05:55 PM

There is something that looks great when you have a picture of a Cayman and weather - good or bad. Except for a snow storm I love to Caymans on the road. Even when they are parked they look like they are moving. Gary:cool2: