Cayman Register

Cayman Register (https://caymanregister.org/index.php)
-   Picture of the Month (Public) (https://caymanregister.org/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Picture of the Month #32 (https://caymanregister.org/showthread.php?t=31962)

beez 12-07-2012 04:16 PM

Picture of the Month #32

Click to see a full size image.

Out for a Veteran's Day drive on a clear and warm day, Ed Merry and his wife visited the
Yorktown Battlefield and then drove their Aqua Blue metallic over black 2012 Cayman R
on the Colonial Parkway. The Fall leaves were gorgeous, and parts of the drive were like
driving in a tunnel of orange and yellow leaves. This picture of the "Blue Streak" was
taken on the American Approach road used in the the siege of Yorktown in 1789.

bretster 12-07-2012 05:36 PM

Re: Picture of the Month #32

Nice choice! Ed has offered to let me drive the "Blue Streak" on a couple of occasions, but I have always politely declined. I'm afraid of what it would do to my wallet if I caught a "fever".

stevecolletti 12-07-2012 06:04 PM

Gorgeous!

If the aqua blue Cayman S I drove 60 miles to see would have looked like this my CR would have been aqua blue (even though I didn't like the silver accents:wink:).

It's always great to see Porsches in colors other than the standard white/silver/grey/black! ...and yes, every Porsche we've owned has fallen into those colors, too.

Rink 12-07-2012 08:04 PM

Gorgeous, great shot. Thanks for posting!

Santa Fe 12-08-2012 08:34 PM

Wonderful!

Ed Merry 12-08-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bretster (Post 358109)
Nice choice! Ed has offered to let me drive the "Blue Streak" on a couple of occasions, but I have always politely declined. I'm afraid of what it would do to my wallet if I caught a "fever".

The offer still stands and if necessary I can lock your wallet in the frunk. Ed

Ed Merry 12-08-2012 09:04 PM

Beez, thanks for posting the picture. Beautiful day and wondeful car. and for all my Cayman friends, have a very MERRY Christmas. I know I will.=-- Ed

Croc'ed 12-09-2012 09:39 AM

Ed: That's a beautiful shot of your car, but I sure hope it was taken on a one-way street! :tongue: (...and I presume you meant the Colonial Parkway.)
It's great to see that your enjoyment of the "Blue Streak" continues, especially with your new bride riding shotgun. Best wishes for many happy "miles of smiles" together!

Ed Merry 12-10-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Croc'ed (Post 358156)
Ed: That's a beautiful shot of your car, but I sure hope it was taken on a one-way street! :tongue: (...and I presume you meant the Colonial Parkway.)
It's great to see that your enjoyment of the "Blue Streak" continues, especially with your new bride riding shotgun. Best wishes for many happy "miles of smiles" together!

Yes it is one way. Nearby on the right is Wormley Mill Pond which was a working mill during the 1700s. The pond has beautiful white swans as well as lots of deer who come out in the evenings. We often drive this route for the quiet change from the hustle and bustle of a metro area just a few miles away. Very restful. Both I and my bride, Brenda, (who recently did a day at VIR) really enjoy these outings. Merry Christmas to all. Ed

PS; I feel another quiet drive coming on this evening. Overcast, no rain yet and about 70 degrees. What a blessing to have a Porsche!!! Ed