PDA

View Full Version : Cayman Invasion 2011 Track Shirts . . . ! (Now Available)

Gator Bite
05-08-2011, 11:05 AM
OK, you asked for it.... And now you've got it.... For those of you who are participating in the 2011 Cayman Invasion at Watkins Glen, we are making up a special run of shirts, available ONE TIME ONLY.

We based the shirts off of the last batch of Cayman Register shirts we made, which looked like this:

http://caymanregister.org/images/cayman_invasion_shirts/shirt01.jpg

http://caymanregister.org/images/cayman_invasion_shirts/shirt02.jpg

http://caymanregister.org/images/cayman_invasion_shirts/shirt03.jpg

But we've made a few changes. First, we reduced the size of the Cayman Register logo on the front from 4 inches to 3.5 inches. It was a little big on the first run, but there is the risk of losing clarity in the text inside the logo if we go too small. We're confident these will look great.

Furthermore... To make the shirts unique and specific to our Cayman Invasion, we will make some with this on the back:

http://caymanregister.org/images/cayman_invasion_shirts/shirt04.jpg

So if you're planning on attending the Cayman Invasion, either as a driver or a spectator, we hope you'll consider showing up with one of these cool shirts on. Let's show the other Porsche owners how tight our Cayman group really is. I know I'll be buying a few, and Ina too. If you're not attending, and you'd like to have one of these, please feel free to order one. If you would like to have a long or short sleeve shirt without the 'Cayman Invasion' message on the back, we can do that too....

So here are our choices:

Short Sleeve Black Cayman Register T-Shirt
Short Sleeve White Cayman Register T-Shirt
Long Sleeve Black Cayman Register T-Shirt
Long Sleeve White Cayman Register T-Shirt
Short Sleeve Black Cayman Invasion 2011 T-Shirt
Short Sleeve White Cayman Invasion 2011 T-Shirt
Long Sleeve Black Cayman Invasion 2011 T-Shirt
Long Sleeve White Cayman Invasion 2011 T-Shirt
These shirts are all 100% cotton, no synthetic fibers, track approved.

Prices:

Short Sleeve T-Shirts Sm thru XL - $14. XXL - $16
Long Sleeve T-Shirts Sm thru XL - $16, XXL - $18
How do I order:

The PCA Headquarters will handle all orders. Give them a call and tell them, "I'd like to order some Cayman Register shirts", and they'll take good care of you.

PCA Headquarters: (410) 381-0911.

Please allow 2 weeks for delivery.

Reminder:

The Cayman Register is 100% non profit, 100% non commercial. We make no profit of any kind from these items. These shirts will be made up as a courtesy to our members. All transactions will be between you and the PCA Goody Store. Any and all profits will go to the PCA to help all members in accordance with the guidelines setup for the PCA Goody Store.

Thank you for considering the addition of these items to your Porsche wardrobe. We are very proud that you are willing to support the PCA, wear our logo and expose our Cayman Register to others.

beez
05-08-2011, 11:25 AM
I might just have to have one of these, even though there's no way I can be there.

KS-CS
05-08-2011, 12:18 PM
I might just have to have one of these, even though there's no way I can be there.

Yes, how about making up some with just the "Cayman Invasion" (no "Watkins Glen - 2011") for the rest of us track junkies?

BradB
05-08-2011, 01:00 PM
I am getting a couple of the regular shirts!

I will be the first to ask the stupid question...does the sizing run pretty standard?

gonzo
05-08-2011, 01:17 PM
What?! No gray and blue?:wink: I'll definitely be ordering some for Laurie and myself. You can never have enough long sleeve shirts for the track.

Lobaeux
05-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Yes, I would take one of these. I'm in since there's a long-sleeve version!

A long-sleeve white, cotton Cayman Register track shirt, that's what I want!

Gator Bite
05-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Yes, how about making up some with just the "Cayman Invasion" (no "Watkins Glen - 2011") for the rest of us track junkies?

Well, I don't think we want to do that because we're kind of hoping to do a "Cayman Invasion" each year at a different location. In 2011, it will be Watkins Glen. In the fall, we'll start talking about next year's "Cayman Invasion 2012" in which we shoot at bringing Caymans in numbers to a central track event. We are expecting more than 30 at WGI, hence the "Invasion".

I am getting a couple of the regular shirts!

I will be the first to ask the stupid question...does the sizing run pretty standard?

Yes, very standard. Keep in mind the shirts are 100% cotton, so they will shrink a bit. But the sizes seem just like all of my other cotton T shirts.

What?! No gray and blue?:wink: I'll definitely be ordering some for Laurie and myself. You can never have enough long sleeve shirts for the track.

Feel free to ask the Goody Store about color options. Doug told me Black and White, but there may be other's available. We didn't discuss that. If we get a big order together, we'd probably have more leverage to ask for stuff like this.

Rod
05-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Hey Chuck they aren't Blue and Grey but you were the first on The Glen thread to speak T-Shirt (http://caymanregister.org/showthread.php?p=329882).

Thanks for making this happen Mike and gang!!...Rod

diverdog
05-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Very cool I'll be proudly wearing mine

Retired-Teach
05-08-2011, 07:10 PM
I'm definitely buying, the question is how many.

check 6
05-09-2011, 05:27 AM
Mike:

I like the idea of "Cayman Invasion" with no Watkins Glen also . Would be nice to have us all in them at Parade the day of the concours. Jack

Crocagator
05-09-2011, 07:16 AM
Placing my order today...:grin:

josh.vince
05-09-2011, 10:07 AM
I just called PCA to place an order, and they didn't know what I was talking about...

ApexL8
05-09-2011, 11:23 AM
I just called PCA to place an order, and they didn't know what I was talking about...I just called the PCA to place an order, and they did know what I was talking about, but they weren't quite ready to accept orders yet. They took my name and number to contact me back when they could help out. I'd say to give them a day or two before calling.

Chuck

josh.vince
05-09-2011, 01:29 PM
I just called the PCA to place an order, and they did know what I was talking about, but they weren't quite ready to accept orders yet. They took my name and number to contact me back when they could help out. I'd say to give them a day or two before calling.

Chuck

Yeah turns out I was the first to call them about it. We've been talking back and forth as they figure out bits of info.

Gator Bite
05-09-2011, 01:35 PM
I had asked Vu to prep the team by e-mail, but I forgot that he is out of town. Give them a day to get up to speed and we should be good.

ApexL8
05-09-2011, 04:44 PM
Yeah turns out I was the first to call them about it. We've been talking back and forth as they figure out bits of info.I think they only knew what I was talking about because you contacted them. PCA just made a vague generalization about, "jumping the gun", no blame anywhere.

Chuck

CrocZilla
05-10-2011, 03:10 PM
They're taking orders now at the PCA HQ. I just ordered mine and mrs Croczilla's. It's a 2 week delivery so better order early to have it before the "invasion".

edit: Be sure to specify the "invasion" version since there are 2 kinds of cayman register shirts now.

diverdog
05-10-2011, 03:41 PM
OK youse guys, stop calling now so I can order my shirts!:cry:

Lobaeux
05-10-2011, 08:19 PM
I gotta order mine tomorrow so it'll be here in time for the Memphis DE event!

ENGNR1
05-11-2011, 01:23 AM
I'm gonna order a shirt to go with the helmet I just bought at the Porsche garage sale a couple weeks ago. :cool2:

diverdog
05-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Finally got through & ordered. They are waiting for 20 orders to process so hurry up & order so I can get mine!:smile:

ApexL8
05-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Just got my call back from PCA and ordered 2 shirts. They're up and running, get 'em while they're hot!

Chuck

BruceT
05-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Just ordered my shirt. Will be around on the 19th wearing it. Definitely there on the 20th and 21st.
Keep the orders coming in - PCA wants at least 20 to get the order in.

Croc'ed
05-11-2011, 12:17 PM
OK I've done my part...one less order required to reach the minimum nuber...

Rod
05-11-2011, 12:54 PM
My 3 ordered just put it at 18. We need to get to 24 according to Charlotte. Let's get it on people:eek2:....Rod

JSF101
05-11-2011, 01:10 PM
will they make them without "Watkins Glen" for those of us who want to invade but can't make it to Watkins Glen?

Lobaeux
05-11-2011, 01:13 PM
I just ordered my shirt!

Aw, shoot, was i supposed to tell them I didn't want Watkins Glen on it?

Black Widow
05-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Ordered two shirts....we have to be over the minimum!

mysticcs
05-11-2011, 01:45 PM
2 more..

Rod
05-11-2011, 02:19 PM
will they make them without "Watkins Glen" for those of us who want to invade but can't make it to Watkins Glen?

If you don't want Watkins Glen on it ask for the Cayman Register version. If you want Watkins Glen ask for the Cayman Invasion version....Rod

allen
05-11-2011, 02:57 PM
I would order one, but I picked up one at last years Parade. Good call on reducing the front insignia size. Otherwise, great shirt and the design on the back is really nice.

Gator Bite
05-11-2011, 04:14 PM
I just ordered 6. John told me that the first batch of 24 is already filled, and we're working on the next batch of 24.

ken386
05-11-2011, 04:27 PM
I ordered 2 earlier today

JSF101
05-11-2011, 11:20 PM
I ordered 2 whites to go with my previous black shirts

as much as I'd like to join the gang at Watkins Glen, it probably won't happen this year, or next
will try to schedule one in 2014!

If you don't want Watkins Glen on it ask for the Cayman Register version. If you want Watkins Glen ask for the Cayman Invasion version....Rod

Crocagator
05-12-2011, 01:36 AM
I tried for over an hour today to get through...to no avail...I will call first thing tomorrow...

gonzo
05-12-2011, 06:45 AM
I called yesterday and left a message. I'm hoping they will call back today.

Gator Bite
05-12-2011, 07:33 AM
well, what if you want Cayman Invasion...but not the Watkins Glen part?

I ordered 2 whites to go with my previous black shirts
and it really doesn't matter whether it has Watkins Glen or not
but I asked if they could leave it off
the guy who took my order didn't really know

as much as I'd like to join the gang at Watkins Glen, it probably won't happen this year, or next
will try to schedule one in 2014!

Small modifications like this seem so easy, when you're using a word processor. But to make the shirts, the vendor has to make up plates for each design and that takes time and money. To make it worth the time, the goody store would have to sell 24-48 of them. So I don't think they will do "Cayman Invasion" alone.

Crocagator
05-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Just received a call from PCA...placed my order for 3 shirts...I just filled the second fulfillment of 24 so that will be order today! Should have in time for the event...

gonzo
05-12-2011, 01:32 PM
PCA returned my call today and I placed my order for 5 shirts.

STLPCA
05-12-2011, 03:20 PM
+2 :grin:

Retired-Teach
05-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Just ordered two shirts. Should be plenty of time before the event.

GuardsRedRob
05-18-2011, 09:51 AM
I just ordered 2 shirts, but they said they won't ship until they fill their next batch, so I have no idea how long it might take. Anyway, feel free to jump in so they can get some more printed up!

--Robert

Gator Bite
05-18-2011, 10:02 AM
Important Update

I just got off the phone with Doug, and he told me that this is sort of a labor intensive setup so he'd like to wait until all orders are in to setup the machine and make the shirts. He also asked us to create a end date. So...

The Cutoff Date for these shirts is May 25th (all order must be in before the close of business that day, that's 5:00 PM EST).

All shirts will be ordered on the 26th, and Doug expects all to be delivered (in hand) by June 10th. This gives us a good cushion for our upcoming event.

So if you want shirts, act now. We've got one week left to order.

Please accept my apology if you were counting on the shirt before then. I misunderstood the order/production process.

GuardsRedRob
05-18-2011, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the follow-up. Do you think there's any chance that we can round up sufficient demand for enough shirts with "Cayman Invasion," but without the "Watkins Glen" (one can hope!)?

I won't be going to WG, but I really like the "Cayman Invasion" notation. I ended up ordering the "plain" CR version.

Thanks,
--Robert

Gator Bite
05-18-2011, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the follow-up. Do you think there's any chance that we can round up sufficient demand for enough shirts with "Cayman Invasion," but without the "Watkins Glen" (one can hope!)?

I won't be going to WG, but I really like the "Cayman Invasion" notation. I ended up ordering the "plain" CR version.

Thanks,
--Robert

I really don't want to do this. I know you guys would all love to have 'Cayman Invasion' without the location and date. But I really want to make 'Cayman Invasion' the title of our annual event where us Cayman Register members invade a PCA track event (see this post (http://caymanregister.org/showthread.php?p=329880)). The shirts are designed to commemorate those events, they are meant to be special. If we make shirts availabe with a general 'Cayman Invasion' on them, then we take that uniqueness away (is that a word?). At that point, what is 'Cayman Invasion'? It gets redefined.

There are many other Cayman, Cayman Register and Cayman Parade shirts we can put together. But the 'Cayman Invasion' shirts need to stay connected to our events.

Thanks for understanding.

GuardsRedRob
05-18-2011, 12:07 PM
I have no issue with that - just be sure to make your way West one of these days! :wink:

--Robert

Gator Bite
05-18-2011, 12:22 PM
I have no issue with that - just be sure to make your way West one of these days! :wink:

--Robert

We just need to organize a Cayman Invasion in your neck of the woods....

Rod
05-19-2011, 10:01 AM
We just need to organize a Cayman Invasion in your neck of the woods....

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, the ultimate road trip for the Crocs East of the Mississippi :cool2:....Rod

Bill-banger
05-19-2011, 07:04 PM
I'll be ordering mine tomorrow, and I nominate the most beautiful track in the country for next year's invasion, Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, AL (actually in Leeds). The track is simply unbelievable.

Rod
06-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Anybody got their order yet? I leave for The Glen in 2 weeks. Getting nervous......Rod

Gator Bite
06-02-2011, 10:13 AM
Anybody got their order yet? I leave for The Glen in 2 weeks. Getting nervous......Rod

I bounced a little message off of Doug. He will be shipping shirts today, and expects to have all shipped by tomorrow. Allow a few days for delivery (they ship from FL).

Rod
06-02-2011, 11:11 AM
I bounced a little message off of Doug. He will be shipping shirts today, and expects to have all shipped by tomorrow. Allow a few days for delivery (they ship from FL).

Excellent, thanks GB.....Rod

Rod
06-06-2011, 05:51 PM
My shirts came today:grin:. All the cool people at the Glen will be sportin these. Thanks for making it happen Gator Bite...Rod

Lobaeux
06-07-2011, 07:03 PM
My shirt came in today.
It's very nice, not thin enough for summer track days, but come fall, this shirt will be brilliant!

JSF101
06-07-2011, 08:16 PM
mine arrived today as well

Gator Bite
06-07-2011, 09:36 PM
You guys are killing me..... I'm away and can't check mine out, even if they do arrive... I'm down in Ft. Lauderdale... 1,400 miles from home (and my shirts).

Lobaeux
06-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Here ya go Gator Bite, not a great pic, just a quick one using my phone.

gonzo
06-07-2011, 10:39 PM
I got my invasion shirts today. Time to rock and roll.

Croc'ed
06-07-2011, 10:53 PM
shirts received today...good to go!

CrocZilla
06-08-2011, 12:03 AM
got mine! Awesome shirts:cool2:

Gator Bite
06-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Came home from a business trip to find my shirts waiting. Wow... They did a real nice job...!