PDA

View Full Version : Watkins Glen Done Right in 2011

Pages : [1] 2 3

Rod
01-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Happy New Year. Now that its officially 2011 let’s talk about a road trip to Watkins Glen in June. The Glen has to be a track on your bucket list. Since it’s a long haul for the Southern Boys, the key was finding 2 different events at the Glen run back to back Saturday thru Tuesday and maximize our track time. Thanks to Pete Tremper (Mr DE for PCA) for referring me to the DE Zone 1 has at The Glen June 17-19, and then CVR has confirmed their DE on the following Mon-Tues (June 20-21) at The Glen as well.

I'm thinking leave Wed the 15th take 2 days for us Deep South folk to get there Thursday night and be ready for whatever Pete gets us on Friday and follow their schedule Sat-Sun. Pete said June 17 is an instructor day "but we could probably work you in". I need more scoop on what that means and will confirm later. At this time I cannot confirm there would be a track day for us on Fri June 17. We do it again with the CVR on Mon-Tues. Leave Tues night get back Wed-Thur depending on how long you drive. So there it is at a high level. Lots more details to add but will fill that in as the year unfolds.

Only issue I see is June 19 is Father's day. You’re on your own figuring that one out. More details to follow but what I need to know now is who is with me Zone 3 crowd?....Rod

OK its put up or shut up my bros. Who is in? Based on previous responses my list is as follows:

ALL IN as in The Cool People for BOTH Zone 1 and CVR events
1. ApexL8
2. Gator Bite
3. Rod
4. Croc'ed
5. Black Widow
6. gonzo
7. mysticcs
8. CrocZilla
9. diverdog
10. Don 166
11. Gamecock
12. felicitasync
13. Wayno270
14. Brazooca

Pit Crew to Zone 1
1. The Chad
2. PistolPete
3. waterbeetle
4.waterbeetlete
5. Retired-Teach
6. AJK
IN as in Still Cool but only Zone 1 June 17-19
1. Driver 8
2. Dibs
3. iceben
4. josh.vince
5. Bill Lehman
6. BeantownS
IN as in Still Cool but only CVR June 20-21
1. Eena (Mrs. Gator Bite)
2. BruceT

Registration for Zone 1 June 17-19 DE is April 15 11AM EDT

Registration for CVR June 20-21 DE is May 4 1PM EDT

Gator Bite
01-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Here's a table so we can see who is attending what at a glance. Tables aren't easy to work with, so I'll takle ownership of this and try to keep it updated. See the post edit time for details on the last update.

Count|Member Name | C52 15-16 | Zone 1 17-19 | CVR 20-21 |Niagra 22-23
1|ApexL8||X|X|||
2|Left Hander||X|X|||
3|Gator Bite||X|X|||
4|Rod||X|X|||
5|Croc'ed||X|X|||
6|Black Widow||X|X|||
7|gonzo||X|X|||
8|mysticcs||X|X|||
9|CrocZilla||X|X|||
10|The Chad||X|X|||
11|diverdog||X|X|||
12|Gamecock||X|X|||
13|Driver 8||X||||
14|Dibs||X||||
15|iceben||X||||
16|josh.vince||X||||
17|Don 166|X|X|X|X||
18|Brazooca||X|X|X
19|Finally @ 57|||X|||
20|Retired Teach|||X|||
21|Eena|||X|||
22|kpmatt00||X|?|||
23|Anucci||?|?|||
24|Wayno270||?|?|||
25|Baron||?|?|||
26|felicitasnyc||X|X|||
27|Bruce T|||X|||

ApexL8
01-01-2011, 04:05 PM
...who is with me Zone 3 crowd?
I'm in,

Road Trip!

PistolPete
01-01-2011, 04:19 PM
I have a feeling this could be the start of an EPIC event...

diverdog
01-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Another possibility if the schedule doesn't work out is combinding another northern track along with WGI. Lime Rock, Summit Point, Thunderbolt and Lighting are great tracks too.

gonzo
01-01-2011, 05:40 PM
I'll start working on my work schedule so I can make this event.

FTS
01-01-2011, 09:38 PM
this is so tempting, but Potomac's Glenn event is the following weekend, darn it; can I do Glenn back to back?

ApexL8
01-01-2011, 10:19 PM
...darn it; can I do Glenn back to back?yes?

Left Hander
01-02-2011, 08:11 AM
this is so tempting, but Potomac's Glenn event is the following weekend, darn it; can I do Glenn back to back?

Faith you are looking at the wrong, the perspective is YES, man by the time of the Potomac event I am going to be smokin' at the glen in my new car and those PR boys better watch out, after five days of 'practice' I'm going to be flat out!

Gator Bite
01-02-2011, 08:37 AM
I'll start working on my work schedule so I can make this event.

Ditto.... This could be huge. Bringing the Northeast and Souteaster CR folks together will be great.

Gator Bite
01-02-2011, 08:39 AM
This is the year we in the South come North to experience your world class track at The Glen. Check this thread (http://caymanregister.org/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=30025) to see what we are up to. How about a CR meet up?....Rod

We definitely have to plan this out, and make a meeting place where us Norhtern folks can meet up.

Left Hander
01-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Gator - with a bit of planning, I could envision an eventual Panorama magazine article with pictures of everyone paddocked together under a large cayman register logo / flag / banner, an interview between the pca president and the CR advocate etc :wink: Seriously - it would be a great way to spread the awareness of the whole concept of the pca sponsored registers - not just the CR but all 13 or so registers via a fun pano article.

gonzo
01-02-2011, 10:34 AM
I think we know where we can find a photographer for this event.

PistolPete
01-02-2011, 11:16 AM
I'll keep an eye out for "roommates wanted" ads...

gonzo
01-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Wanted: Computer savvy photographer to share a room in Watkins Glen sometime in June 2011.:wink:

Left Hander
01-02-2011, 02:46 PM
pretty sly Gonzo, looks like CayMatch.com happening here...

ApexL8
01-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Seriously - it would be a great way to spread the awareness of the whole concept of the pca sponsored registers...You're brilliant LH, seriously. It may have already been obvious to other members, but it didn't really dawn on me how having the Cayman Register is really a big part of facilitating Rod's pilgrimage to the Glen plans, inviting others, maybe making it into more of an 'event' than just a road trip. At the risk of sounding hokey, I really appreciate the sense of community I feel at this site, kind of a rare and intangible thing on the interwebs.

/end hokeyness, back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Chuck

Speedy
01-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Oh man, I would really, really like to make this event. Not sure how I can pull it off - I'm also planning a 10-yr anniversary trip and Parade this year - but maybe the gods will smile.

I really HAVE to drive WG at some point in my life... :grin:

Gator Bite
01-02-2011, 04:45 PM
If we can all agree on these dates, I move to make this an official CR event. We'll leave that decision up to our far away members. Agree on the date, then we'll start planing this one out. We can call it 'Cayman Invasion 2011'. Who knows, maybe we'll do a Cayman invasion every year, and pick a different bucket list track for each. You may have started something big here Rod.

ApexL8
01-02-2011, 05:33 PM
If we can all agree on these dates, I move to make this an official CR event.I move we immediately adopt the dates Rod has proposed. He's done some groundwork already, lining up 4 consecutive track days, which is very cool from all kinds of different standpoints.

Who wants to drive 1000 miles each way for 2 days track time?
Saves burning vacation.
Saves on food, lodging, and beer.
Simplified logistics over running at two separate venues.
Four consecutive days, even us 'short bus' types will start learning, and enjoying the track.
People usually grow weary of me after a day or two (generous estimate), If Rod had to spend 9 consecutive days with me he'd be building a strong defense for justifiable homicide.
Limits exposure to retaliatory spending/actions by spouse/significant other.
It's a GREENER alternative, no proof of this, but it's the kind of hyperbolic canard people tend to accept at face value.

Croc'ed, point #1 is meant to be more or less rhetorical.

Face it, Rod is a visionary, I'm just gonna fall in step rather than be crushed in his machinations.

Event T-Shirts!

Bman
01-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Why not stay the whole week? Potomac event is June 24,25 and 26th. :smile: 4 days at the Glen sounds like fun but 7 days would be "EPIC"!

Disclaimer....I can only go for 3 days but really want you guys to run with us.

ApexL8
01-02-2011, 05:59 PM
4 days at the Glen sounds like fun but 7 days would be "EPIC"! O M G

Bman
01-02-2011, 06:13 PM
O M G

Sounds like you're considering it :cool2:

ApexL8
01-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Sounds like you're considering it :cool2:I don't think I'm even fully processing the concept yet. Definitely violates my point #6 above.

Black Widow
01-02-2011, 06:42 PM
That's what I was waiting for.....MORE. This would be amazing!

Speedy
01-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Oh man, I so want to make this! I already have plans for a trip for our 10th wedding anniversary and Parade marked out on the calendar, as well as our yearly vacation week. Not sure how I can work...this...out...

WG is absolutely on my MUST DRIVE list, and to do it with the CR would truly be special! :grin:

Speedy
01-02-2011, 07:08 PM
People usually grow weary of me after a day or two (generous estimate), If Rod had to spend 9 consecutive days with me he'd be building a strong defense for justifiable homicide.

As you are from Georgia, I'm sure you are aware of this Southern Legal Fact:

"He needed killin' yer Honor" is a valid defense down here! :grin:

driver8
01-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Rod we are looking forward to meeting everyone from Zone 3. The Glen is a great track, you won't be disappointed. Zone 1 puts on a great event.

driver8
01-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Rod FYI,

Friday of the 48 Hours is reserved for instructors, and they also run the National Instructor Training class that day. Saturday and Sunday is a normal DE. You will have to talk to Pete about what he can do for you guys on Friday.

Left Hander
01-02-2011, 07:44 PM
OUR own Pete? if he cannot get us on track on friday then we leave one day later and have much less chance of being 'wrecked at home' with the family, when he realizes this hell find a way ;)

gonzo
01-02-2011, 07:56 PM
I'm in for the weekend and the following Mon/Tue.

beez
01-02-2011, 08:23 PM
OUR own Pete? if he cannot get us on track on friday then we leave one day later and have much less chance of being 'wrecked at home' with the family, when he realizes this hell find a way ;)

He's referring to Pete Tremper, the PCA national DE Chair. He'll be running the show for the DE instructor training clinic.

Rod
01-02-2011, 08:35 PM
OK I am feeling it. We need a lot more Zone 3 action but this is a good start.

I have a note off to Pete and Larry the respective DE chairs to ask about when registration opens for each of them. Will post when I get it. I already know they would like us to use their region's tech forms. I have confirmed with Larry that local Porsche shops to us will be OK with the CVR. Send me a PM if you have question about a tech shop that they will accept.

What I think we need next are hotel reccommendations and track specific stuff (garages, paddock spots, must haves for the Glen, etc), I will need to lean on the Glen locals here for that info.

Remember, Friday June 17 is an instructor day and as soon as I can get a head count who will arrive for that day I will ask Pete is there any opportunity for anything, even ride alongs for us first timers to the Glen. We need to be prepared for NO TRACK activity on Friday as I don't want to be any headache to Pete as running these events without a bunch of newbies is hard enough. Will keep you posted on that. The key to these dates were the Sat/Sun, Mon/Tue back to back to maximize the long haul for the Southerners so Friday if anything happens is a bonus.

I think keeping this thing stress free is key, so however this unfolds I think we need to kind of let it breathe and kind of go on its own. Some will make it to everything that gets planned, some will make it to some things, some won't make it at all. Either way its cool. The main thing is to decide and get the dates down, get the time off, get the permission granted (I'm married too), and get the cash together. The details will fall into place as we go.

First things first, where do we stay? One place for all the CR would be cool but might be a pain to pull off and no one wants to guarantee a bunch of rooms with a hotel. Recommendations please.

Item 2 get your roomie now! Chuck I'm with you if you'll have me.

Item 3 keep the info straight and in one place. Lets keep this as our info thread and post ideas here that way we have one spot for the scoop.

All right folks lets fill in the details over the next 6 months. Can't wait....Rod

Rod
01-02-2011, 08:56 PM
We can call it 'Cayman Invasion 2011'. Who knows, maybe we'll do a Cayman invasion every year, and pick a different bucket list track for each. You may have started something big here Rod.

Exactly what I was thinking. We talk about the 2012 track while we are at the Glen.

Do the Mon/Tues with us and the CVR and your event that weekend. Easy:smile:

Event T-Shirts!

I admire the passion bro but this is what I meant by stress free. However, let it breathe, let it breathe.:wink:

Why not stay the whole week? Potomac event is June 24,25 and 26th. :smile: 4 days at the Glen sounds like fun but 7 days would be "EPIC"!

Even I can't pull that off on the home front!:eek2:

Oh man, I so want to make this! I already have plans for a trip for our 10th wedding anniversary and Parade marked out on the calendar, as well as our yearly vacation week. Not sure how I can work...this...out...! :grin:

No whining come on!:wink:

"He needed killin' yer Honor" is a valid defense down here! :grin:

You done quit preachin and went to meddlin.:eek2:

Rod FYI,

Friday of the 48 Hours is reserved for instructors, and they also run the National Instructor Training class that day. Saturday and Sunday is a normal DE. You will have to talk to Pete about what he can do for you guys on Friday.

Copy that driver 8, will comply.

He's referring to Pete Tremper, the PCA national DE Chair. He'll be running the show for the DE instructor training clinic.

Correct sir....Rod

Rod
01-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Rod we are looking forward to meeting everyone from Zone 3. The Glen is a great track, you won't be disappointed. Zone 1 puts on a great event.

I hope to meet you. Whether its 2 of us or 20 of us that make it, it will be great...Rod

Croc'ed
01-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Hell, why don't we just pool our $ and buy the damn track. We can re-name it CRI and set up an international Cayman spec-racing series. All Caymans, all the time (including Cayman Cabriolets.)
Methinks it's time to put away the holiday punch (and in my case, paunch) :grin:
Seriously, WGI's a great track, and I'll be happy to join this traveling circus.

FTS
01-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Thanks to Pete Tremper (Mr DE for PCA) for referring me to the DE Zone 1 has at The Glen June 17-19, and then CVR has confirmed their DE on the following Mon-Tues (June 20-21) at The Glen as well.

Umm, I saw that Niagara region has their June DE at the Glenn between 22-23, then as we mentioned, Potomac between 24-26. So, we can stay the whole week, do probably 700 laps of Glenn and ~2K mi. Of track time, and celebrate fathers day by getting drunk at night :D

Side benefit: we'd probably get on Guiness Record books :grin::grin::grin:

FTS
01-02-2011, 09:55 PM
OK I am in, where do we register?

Black Widow
01-02-2011, 10:09 PM
For a hotel: This is the best one in the area. Right on the lake. When CVR was here in the fall this is where most of us stayed. Great place, like new, and the best restaurant in the area is next door. You can walk there in two minutes.

Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel (http://www.watkinsglenharborhotel.com/)

16 North Franklin Street
Watkins Glen, NY 14891-1221
(607) 535-6116

Rod
01-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Standby on registration, getting that info now...Rod

Left Hander
01-03-2011, 05:33 AM
Umm, I saw that Niagara region has their June DE at the Glenn between 22-23, then as we mentioned, Potomac between 24-26. So, we can stay the whole week, do probably 700 laps of Glenn and ~2K mi. Of track time, and celebrate fathers day by getting drunk at night :D

Side benefit: we'd probably get on Guiness Record books :grin::grin::grin:

now you've gone and done it... it was tempting enough to stay over from the M,T event killing 2 days waiting for the potomac event now there is an option to maximize Chuck's principle of max track time per travel mile by running YET a third event ! AND I looked at our track date list and see the mid week Niagra region event is titled 'adv solo' which usually means fewer cars/run groups and more track time.

This could get costly on the home front... honey the travel freeze is still on at work but I am going to be gone 10 days for DE...

For the ambitious driver wanting maximum time per travel dollar - so tempting…
DE Zone 1 June 18-19
CVR DE June 20,21 Mon Tuesday
Niagra Region June 22-23 Advanced SOLO Watkins Glen
Potomac Region June 24,25,26; Watkins Glen - We're back Saturday night Dinner at the Track

Talk about seat time per travel mile options!

For a hotel: This is the best one in the area. Right on the lake. When CVR was here in the fall this is where most of us stayed. Great place, like new, and the best restaurant in the area is next door. You can walk there in two minutes.

Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel

16 North Franklin Street
Watkins Glen, NY 14891-1221
(607) 535-6116

what is the rate? if this journey gets longer cheapest rate may be of interest!

anyone know, doe The Glen allow camping, have decent facilities for campers? Mid June ought to be a pleasant bit of weather in upstate NY I would think.

Hey Chuck, shhhh don't tell Rod but I think your idea of a t-shirt is great - we need tof ind who our resident artists are and see what we come up with design idea wise. A Carolinas region member owns a screen printing business and does all of our shirts so I can work with Herb on the details if that helps. Gator mentioned 'Cayman Invasion of the Glen' - first crazy idea - a cayman or two emerging out of Lake Seneca like landing craft...

Croc'ed
01-03-2011, 08:09 AM
I think we ought to buy the hotel, while we're at it...
To paraprase Truman Capote from In Cold Blood, "...the whole crazy stunt took on a life of its own."

diverdog
01-03-2011, 08:26 AM
The Harbor Hotel is beautiful. Mid summer rates are very high ~$275. Perhaps a group rate can be arranged.

Gator Bite
01-03-2011, 08:39 AM
The hotel Black Widow recommends is really the place to stay. It's a 4 star modern facility, and they usually extend a club rate of around $119-129 a night. If we book early, we may be able to negotiate.

One word of advice that you must take very seriously. CVR events sell out VERY QUICKLY (especially in the instructed groups). We have over 2,200 primary members here, and only limited track space. So here is my recommendation. If you don't already have a Club Registration ID, set one up now. Then, be ready the minute registration opens. Book it, and pay for it right then. First come, first served. We should have no problems if we all follow this.

Garage space costs $25 for both days, and can come in real handy. In the garages there is electricity to charge cameras, etc.... There is shade if the sun is beating down or the if happens to rain (lets cross our fingers).

CVR usually does a buffet dinner in the club house for around $20-$25 that can be a lot of fun. Open cash bar if you want a cold one, and lots of comradarie with other track drivers. The CVR has a lot of great people, so I always enjoy this. If you're driving instructed, this can give you a good chance to bond more with your instructor too.

I highly recommend a track walk for all WGI drivers. WGI has some wild elevation and camber changes that need to be seen from outside the car to be fully appreciated, and this will help you drive the course. I propose that if the organizers aren't already doing a track walk, that we organize our own. This is a must do in my opinion.

There is a nice little town with sandwich shops, gas stations, the hotel, a nice restaurant, Dunkin Donuts, Burger King, etc.. The ride to town for some cheap gasoline takes about 8-10 minutes one way.

I don't think they previously allowed camping, but I heard that they recently installed a slew of showers and other items to accommodate Nascar campers, so maybe their position on this has changed.

Watkins Glen Web Page (http://www.theglen.com/Vanity-Pages/2010/Splash-Pages/2010-Takeover.aspx)

FTS
01-03-2011, 09:17 AM
I'm with Croc'd, lets just buy the track AND the hotel, and we'll make some money for the register for the shirts and deduct the trip from taxes :D

You know, PCA was looking for a new national office, this may be it.

Retired-Teach
01-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Mike, do you need a fire extinguisher for CVR in the instructed groups?

ApexL8
01-03-2011, 10:15 AM

"He needed killin' yer Honor" is a valid defense down here!I know, I know, as it well should be.

Friday of the 48 Hours is reserved for instructors...Personally, I would like to be there on Friday. If I get zero track time that is just fine. You can learn an awful lot just watching corners, especially if you have an experienced guide to point out what to look for.

Item 2 get your roomie now! Chuck I'm with you if you'll have me.Deal, done.
Hey Chuck, shhhh don't tell Rod but I think your idea of a t-shirt is greatIf it's too big a deal I'll drop the idea, but I think we have enough lead time to come up with shirts, an optional item at a small fee to cover production costs.

The hotel Black Widow recommends is really the place to stay. It's a 4 star modern facility, and they usually extend a club rate of around $119-129 a night. If we book early, we may be able to negotiate.I pulled up their site and the cheapest rooms were $219, at which price I'd keep shopping, but $119-129 sounds reasonable enough. The only place I've ever stayed in Watkins Glen is the Seneca Lodge, http://www.senecalodge.com/, nothing fancy, but it might be a cheaper alternative. The dining room there has good food, and the adjacent bar is convenient.

One word of advice that you must take very seriously. CVR events sell out VERY QUICKLY (especially in the instructed groups).
I know this might be too much to ask, but it might expedite things if we could figure out what run groups we should try to register for before hand. New track for me, so it is very much worth considering a drop down of a group or two, to keep out of the way of fast movers.

The more I think about it, 4 consecutive days sounds like plenty to me.

Chuck

Gator Bite
01-03-2011, 10:31 AM
Mike, do you need a fire extinguisher for CVR in the instructed groups?

No. Fire extinguisher is not necessary in CVR until you reach White group (Solo Intermediate)

I know this might be too much to ask, but it might expedite things if we could figure out what run groups we should try to register for before hand. New track for me, so it is very much worth considering a drop down of a group or two, to keep out of the way of fast movers.

The more I think about it, 4 consecutive days sounds like plenty to me.

Chuck

The CVR is known to run very fast. Because of this, they are also known to be cautious about what groups they assign out of region drivers to. The CVR groups run like this:

Green - Novice Instructed
Yellow - Beginner Instructed
Yellow Solo / Orange - Advanced Beginner Solo
White - Intermediate Solo
Black - Advanced Solo
Red - Advanced Solo Instructors

I haven't done much out of region driving, and have grown up in the CVR so I'm not the best to say if this reputation is accurate. Maybe Croc'ed can comment. But I do know that it's not unusual for CVR to place drivers into lower groups until they can get a feel for them. I guess it's the 'better safe than sorry' mentality. It's better to place a more advanced driver in a lower run group than it is to do the opposite.

I can communicate with Susan or DE registrar and find out what the best way to do this is.

Mike

Gator Bite
01-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Addition:

Folks, lots of good information here: http://cvrpca.org/onthetrack.php?id=4

It might be a good idea to read the CVR DE Advancement Guidelines (http://cvrpca.org/docs/de/de-advancement-2011.pdf) to get an idea of where you should be placed.

FTS
01-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Hahh, I seem to have an account already at ClubRegistration.net, weird.

The event is not yet listed there though.

Rod
01-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Hahh, I seem to have an account already at ClubRegistration.net, weird.

The event is not yet listed there though.

I went straight to the DE chairs last year to confirm these events for our planning and am waiting on them for registration dates. I was just informed today there has been a DE chair change at the CVR so I am waiting for my new contact to get back with me. Will post scoop when I get it...Rod

Gator Bite
01-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Guys,

I've already heard back from our Registrar Susan. She had some good info for us.

First, I guess these dates are frequently back to back, and Susan has informed me that the CVR event will be a little different than the Zone 1 event. Particularly, she warned me to watch for a wider driver disparity of driver skill in the Zone 1 event, and gernerally slower run groups. Because this will be the first two days, that should be fine. Two days with Zone 1, then graduate to run with the maniacs from CVR. :smile:

The plan for the CVR event is to run 3 run groups, combining the usual 6 run groups. So depending on attendance, CVR plans to run Green & Yellow Instructed together, Yellow Solo and White together, Black and Red together. Watkins Glen is a big track, so trains and traffic jams are uncommon. Running combined groups like this delivers a lot of track time. Typically, Green and Yellow instructed drivers will get four 25-30 minute runs, Yellow Solo and White will get four 30-40 minute runs, and Black & Red will usually get four 35-45 minute runs.

Running in combined groups is fun, but you need to keep your ego safely in check. I ran with the White drivers, and those guys are blazing fast (I'm Yellow Solo). These combined groups may make the choice of which group to drive in easier too. If you're instructed, you go out in Green/Yellow Solo. If you've solo'd and are comfortable going solo here, you go out in Yellow Solo, but if it's your first time on this track you are encouraged to seek the help of an instructor for 1 or 2 runs (not likely to be a problem if you guys drive the Zone 1 event during the prior two days). If you think you're the shizzle, if you think you can really run with Black/Red groups, Susan will probably start you in white to see how you do with the "Crazy White Guys". Remember, they really do cook. If you go out in white and you're eating the field, you can always ask to move to black after which they will send you out with a chief instructor. If you demonstrate that you have the goods for CVR Black, they'll move you.

Susan did warn me that instructed groups fill up real fast, so if you want and instructor, please sign up immediately after registration opens, which is usually 1:00PM about 6-8 weeks before the event. The date will be published soon, probably the first week of May. Don't be surprised if it takes a while to confirm that registration, as they must wait for the instructors to commit before confirming.

Gator Bite
01-03-2011, 03:35 PM
I went straight to the DE chairs last year to confirm these events for our planning and am waiting on them for registration dates. I was just informed today there has been a DE chair change at the CVR so I am waiting for my new contact to get back with me. Will post scoop when I get it...Rod

I got a returned e-mail from Susan Vacaro (our DE registrar, the person who handles this) today. See comments here: http://caymanregister.org/showthread.php?p=329957

Kind of confusing having two threads. Maybe we should merge them. Before I do, is there a reason to have both?

Rod
01-03-2011, 03:36 PM
To paraprase Truman Capote from In Cold Blood, "...the whole crazy stunt took on a life of its own."

It already has my brother.

Gator Bite you must be channeling me or something, thanks for all the link posts and I knew CVR might be more challenging on run groups and was ready to take that on, however, not knowing who was coming yet, I really could not do anything about it until I had a better feel for takers. Just today I learned the CVR DE Chair has changed and am waiting on feedback from the new guy Jon. I think Chuck is right on the mark and my plan was to get a feel of who the OOR are (Out of Region) and then work with the CVR DE chair to head the whole rungroup thing off at the pass with his blessing of who is in what group known before we register. I may need your help to pull that off. The interesting wrinkle is for any of the OOR who show up for the CVR event some would have had at least 2 days at the Glen with Zone 1:smile:, which may mean nothing but I could not resist.

Remember folks, I confirmed these events last October literally in one case right after they had signed the contracts with the Glen so bear with me on registration info, its coming....Rod

bretster
01-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Please merge them if possible. I was just trying to figure out the difference. This seems like a good way to use some vacation!

Thanks,
Bret

Rod
01-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Kind of confusing having two threads. Maybe we should merge them. Before I do, is there a reason to have both?

Up to you sir, I just wanted to get the pot stirring and figured 2 places were better than one. Think we are passed that now:wink:...Rod

Gator Bite
01-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Up to you sir, I just wanted to get the pot stirring and figured 2 places were better than one. Think we are passed that now:wink:...Rod

I moved all of the posts from the other thread to this one, and closed the other. This way Zone 3 folks will see what's cooking and we can keep all of the conversation in one place.

Rod
01-03-2011, 06:52 PM
OK its put up or shut up my bros. Who is in? Based on previous responses my list is as follows:

ALL IN as in The Cool People for BOTH Zone 1 and CVR events
1. ApexL8
2. Left Hander
3. Gator Bite
4. Rod
5. Croc'ed
6. Black Widow
7. gonzo
8. FTS
9. Retired-Teach
10. Bretster

IN as in Still Cool but only Zone 1 June 17-19
1. Driver 8

IN as in Still Cool but only CVR June 20-21

INSANE as in We are not worthy of you and will do Zone 1, CVR, and Niagra June 17-23
1. Bman :wink:

UNKNOWN, can't tell what your thinkin
1. beez, long haul but would love to meet ya
2. Speedy
3. diverdog
4. Pistol Pete

......The updated master list is now on the very first post........

Could be wrong on these feel free to correct. At 6 months away, the earlier you commit the more stress free this will be so decide now. Life does happen so I expect changes and I will keep the list current if you keep me posted.....Rod

PistolPete
01-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Put me down for Mon-Tue with CVR 6/20-21.

I'd like more info on the Zone 1 event to see if beginners can do Sat. and Sun. only without paying for the full 3-day rate.

Just a suggestion Rod, edit your first post and put this master list in there. Make any subsequent changes to that first post.

Left Hander
01-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Pete,
I think we will see the zone 1 sat sun for one price and the fri session as a separate add on. I have not seen any details on the zone 1 event; I am basing my opinion on what I see being done on the florida ditrus feb event that is a DE on sat and sun and a separate instructor training school day on fri for a separate price. It appears they are letting some solo drivers sign in for friday but not many.

So since fri is the zone 1 pca instructor training day will be priced separately fromthe 2 day event. Good question you asked, had not thought of that.
Don

diverdog
01-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Pete, Z1 splits the registration so it's no issue doing the 2 days.

Rod, I'm in for both events. Warm up at Z1 & then see if those Red / Black CVR kamikazis are as fast as they think they are.

PistolPete
01-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Good to know about the Zone 1 event. Trying to decide if I want to sign with Z1 or CVR. Which group will give me more running room? The longer run times with CVR is tempting however.

Let's see what my roommate wants to do.

...see if those Red / Black CVR kamikazis are as fast as they think they are.

This is getting good!

Bman
01-03-2011, 10:06 PM
see if those Red / Black CVR kamikazis are as fast as they think they are.

The DOG is barking! And he's got the bite too!:grin:

Crocagator
01-03-2011, 11:19 PM
Geez...I go away for a few days and look at all I missed...I would love to commit for the 5 days, but I have the feeling the locks would be changes when I got back...:confused2:...I will commit for the 20/21 with the CVR...

FTS
01-03-2011, 11:41 PM
Unfortunately due to minimal vacation days left from work (I had too much fun last year ;)), I can only do the Zone 1 part from Friday through Sunday.

diverdog
01-04-2011, 06:42 AM
The DOG is barking! And he's got the bite too!:grin:

No smack down intended! LOL I'm sure my CVR brothers are fast, safe drivers. I'm also sure they are not the only fast, safe drivers. We will all be driving flat out! :eek2:

Rod
01-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Just a suggestion Rod, edit your first post and put this master list in there. Make any subsequent changes to that first post.

Done, thanks for the suggestion.

OK more scoop, I will just deliver it as I get it so here goes....

Update on the CVR event:
-We are golden with the registar and the new DE chair too (thanks Mike) but all that means is we better follow their advice!
- Registration for the CVR will open on clubregistration.net approx 8 weeks prior to the event (May 2), this date is not committed to but provided for your planning, all CVR events should be on clubregistration.net at the end of January and it will then tell you the official registration time and date.
-The time will be 1pm Eastern to register and if you want in you better be online PAYING (no tickee no trackee) at 1pm especially if you are instructed as they are tight on instructors.
- If you are instructed and you pay your status may say PENDING for awhile do not panic, they will only CONFIRM an instructed person when they have a paired instructor for that person. She said they expect about 30 instructors for this event.
- For run groups choose instructed or solo. Her advice, if you have never done the Glen choose instructed she knows many of us will have done the Zone 1 event the previous day. Her advice, if those 2 days are all you have on the Glen choose instructed. They can always let you go solo if you are ready, however, if you go solo first and its not working to their liking its hard for them to find an instructor and move you back but they WILL MOVE YOU BACK to instructed. If you are a vet and have done lots of tracks they have no problem looking at your history and putting you solo if you have no problem with them moving you back if it ain't working. I know you are asking yourself " Gee Rod what are YOU going to do?" OK I know nobody asked that but anyway I am going to go instructed with a hope of being turned solo in amongst the yellow and white herd. I know you are thinking "But Rod you drive 'flat out" and although true, I could not bear to be moved back especially on foreign soil.

Zone 1 Event
No updates at this time but if you are not an instructor for this event any fee will be for a 2 day event only. More to come here.

Questions
- Are the garages worth getting? Can you fit 2 Caymans in one sorta kinda?
- Can we rent a row of Cayman garages? I mean 10 of us ask for 10 together?
- I don't know what else to ask about the track itself so help me here, I don't want to look like some hick who just showed up. I will sound like one but I don't want to look like one.

Any other questions let me know....Rod

Gator Bite
01-04-2011, 02:50 PM
OK I know nobody asked that but anyway I am going to go instructed with a hope of being turned solo in amongst the yellow and white herd. I know you are thinking "But Rod you drive 'flat out" and although true, I could not bear to be moved back especially on foreign soil.

I guess it's better to be promoted than demoted... :grin: Good logic, and nice to have that safety net ready. My guess is you'll do one, maybe two runs with that instructor and they'll cut you loose. My other thought is, "why not, that instructor may have a pointer or two that helps you get that much better."

Questions

Garage space is really nice, especially if the weather is harsh (Hot or Raining), but not essential. Each bay is a two car wide bay. They will sell each spot. There is room to go two deep, but I've never seen it done. I'm thinking they wouldn't allow that. There are 30 bays, room for 60 cars. With CVR, we were able to request them together, which is real nice.

Here are some picturres of the garage, from inside, and out:

http://caymanregister.org/picture.php?albumid=372&pictureid=3975

http://caymanregister.org/picture.php?albumid=372&pictureid=3973

mysticcs
01-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Count me in for some back to back (to back?) action! "Gators At The Glen 2011"

Gator Bite
01-04-2011, 03:15 PM

Ooohhh..... I like that.....

Gators at the Glen

Cayman Invasion 2011

Croc'ed
01-04-2011, 03:45 PM
OK I know nobody asked that but anyway I am going to go instructed with a hope of being turned solo in amongst the yellow and white herd. I know you are thinking "But Rod you drive 'flat out" and although true, I could not bear to be moved back especially on foreign soil.

Questions
- I don't know what else to ask about the track itself so help me here, I don't want to look like some hick who just showed up. I will sound like one but I don't want to look like one.

Any other questions let me know....Rod

Rod:
Wise move, IMHO, asking for an instructor, especially since you've never been there before. Even with a couple days' worth of WGI driving under your belt, there's still a lot of learning to be done. You don't want to end up with an Armco stripe! (don't ask me how I know this...)
You can fit two cars nose-to-tail in each garage, but it can make for a bit of car jockeying, and I don't know CVR's policy re: sharing garage space.

Gators at the Glen

Cayman Invasion 2011

I'm liking the sound of this...I can imagine a croc with its jaws wide open, about to take a "bite" out of the WGI track map.

Left Hander
01-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Instructed or not - a question - are we hosing CVR's members by asking for 'extra' instructors? Is there a way we can get some WGI advanced drivers who are not instructing as ride along for a few sesisons?

reason I ask is this consideration of CVR -

If there are only 30 instructors expected at the CVR event and we bring 10+ out of region drivers who are asking for instructors to avoid addtional stripes... and who expect will get released to solo aren't we hosing CVR members who could have registered in an instructed group?

I sure hate the idea of an off course excursion myself but on the ohter hand it seems wrong to 'consume' a third of the instructors and keep CVR members from attending. Especially if we will have had 2 days before.

thoughts on an alternative that looks out for the begining DE CVR members?

Don

Retired-Teach
01-04-2011, 06:22 PM
This will by my first DE, and I'm looking forward to it. I'll be going with CVR, assuming I register early enough.

Rod
01-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Instructed or not - a question - are we hosing CVR's members by asking for 'extra' instructors? Is there a way we can get some WGI advanced drivers who are not instructing as ride along for a few sesisons?

Good question Don, and an early concern of the registrar but we really don't know what the count is yet and as far as we know there are just 3 of us from Zone 3 unless Speedy joins but it IS just January. Let me float this note to Susan and will post the reply.

mysticcs I have you down for ALL IN with The Cool People.

Mike, how do you get the garage space through the track or through the region?

FTS
01-04-2011, 06:39 PM
Darn it, you all going to make me spend my vacation days...

PistolPete
01-04-2011, 06:55 PM
I'll be working to put the track photographer out of business when I'm not driving or on work assignment. The GT3 fund needs contributions!

Gator Bite
01-04-2011, 08:18 PM

reason I ask is this consideration of CVR -

A good consideration. I'd say, ask yourseolf these questions:

How many solo days have you driven?
Will you be doing the Zone 1 event before the CVR event?
I was signed off to Yellow Solo at Lime Rock, a month before I went to Watkins Glen for my second DE there. My prior DE at WGI was 2 years prior...!!! As you could imagine, I was pretty concerned that I'd be heading out onto the Armco Monster for my first signed off event. :eek2:

I asked Susan if there might be an instructior who could go out with me for 1 or 2 runs, just to help me find the line. She sent me out with Chris Musante (fast Club Racer / DE Instrictor). We did one run together, then he would check in on me to see how I was doing, if I wanted him to go back out with me, etc...

Mike, how do you get the garage space through the track or through the region?

With CVR, there is a checkbox in Club Registration to add on the Garage and Buffet Dinner. Not sure how Zone 1 plans to handle that.

gonzo
01-04-2011, 08:30 PM

Gators at the Glen

Cayman Invasion 2011

Love it! Can we get that on some t-shirts?

diverdog
01-04-2011, 08:31 PM
If you are in the white / yellow solo group and need an instructed run it's usually no problem because the instructors are in the Red Black group and the students ain't out either: ergo all of the instructors are available! You may need to go out a little late or come in early to accomodate the instructor but you are golden otherwise.

I run in Black/ Red but always find someone that knows the track to go for a ride if it's my first time. Even if I know the track I try to get a good driver to ride with me at least once. I always learn something

Rod
01-04-2011, 08:51 PM
The scoop to Left Hander's question straight from Susan.

"You guys register, you guys get in. Don't worry about inconveniencing other drivers.
We do not allow anyone other than instructors in other cars (so no advanced drivers are allowed to be a passenger). If your guys are in the advanced group but want an instructor, that's an easy accommodation."

....Rod

Left Hander
01-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Guys,

I've already heard back from our Registrar Susan. She had some good info for us.

The plan for the CVR event is to run 3 run groups, combining the usual 6 run groups. So depending on attendance, CVR plans to run
Green & Yellow Instructed together,
Yellow Solo and White together,
Black and Red together.

If you're instructed, you go out in Green/Yellow Solo.

If you are in the white / yellow solo group and need an instructed run it's usually no problem because the instructors are in the Red Black group and the students ain't out either: ergo all of the instructors are available! You may need to go out a little late or come in early to accomodate the instructor but you are golden otherwise.

I run in Black/ Red but always find someone that knows the track to go for a ride if it's my first time. Even if I know the track I try to get a good driver to ride with me at least once. I always learn something

re-reading the planned run group combo it looks to me like this may be the way for us to go:
if you have not been signed off solo in your home region (or maybe just moved to solo) register instructed

if you are solo below red, then register in the white / yellow solo and we request an instructor as diverdog suggests for some sessions.

thoughts?

Seems this would also ease the registration rush trying to snag one of only 30 instructed slots. WIth the combo of the two instructed groups this means the instructors cannot take two students so there are really only 30 instructed slots up for grabs. if you are not asking for an instructed slot a few minutes late would be less risk of being closed out of the event.

I knowfor me, once i see the club reg open date on any event get posted I put a reminder in my outlook calender and I try to get in as soon as registration opens. But I know the road atlanta event was blazingly fast filling up- I started right at the moment it opend and by the time I finished processing the payment there were 50 cars. I have seen you NE guys post about how fast your event fill so I expect the same dynamic here- be ready to jump as soon as it opens!

Diverdog I agree 100 % with getting a rider for a session or two - really helps to get someone along with you to help tweak what you are doing.

don

ApexL8
01-04-2011, 09:39 PM
be ready to jump as soon as it opens!I just hope both events don't have registration opening on the same day - zoiks!

L8Apx
01-04-2011, 10:45 PM
It's killing me to follow this thread every day... The Glen is certainly on my bucket list, but that's a heck of a long haul for me (only slightly shorter than it would be for beez). Anybody got a teleporter I could borrow??? Any zone 9'ers or left-coasters ready to twist my arm for a caravan???

Doug

Left Hander
01-05-2011, 05:17 AM
I just hope both events don't have registration opening on the same day - zoiks!

I was thinking the very same thing as I wrote the other post!

in the end Iam hoping we have some special dispensation from all of Rod's efforts and we will be fine - otherwise, :frown: really disappointed and it woudl be a shame for Doug and Brad to drive so far for nothing, I sense they are about to fall off the fence...

Gator Bite
01-05-2011, 08:24 AM
I just hope both events don't have registration opening on the same day - zoiks!

I seriously doubt that. And if so, I am sure we can persued Susan to move CVR registartion by an hour + or - to prevent that from causing any problems.

Susan and Dave (her husband - super fast GT3 driver) will be away on vacation the last week of April. She told me that she would probably open registreation the first week of May, because she likes to be in front of the computer when they open, just in case there are issues. The times are not carved in stone, and there is flexibility.

Crocagator
01-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Is is June yet....I can't wait!

ApexL8
01-05-2011, 09:04 AM
This will by my first DE, and I'm looking forward to it. I'll be going with CVR, assuming I register early enough.Teach,
Go ahead and sign up at clubregistration.net today, get all your details filled in, it's a free service. If you are one of the 7 people left in the country that don't have a PayPal account go ahead and sign up there too.

On the day registration opens I am poised and ready to click the button 0.001 seconds after the designated time, (usually noon Central, 1300 Eastern), not much more you can do to increase your chances beyond that.

I know it is a long shot that this applies, but the internet browsers we have where I work haven't been updated since probably 1984 and the clubregistration site doesn't display correctly. If you have any recent browser there shouldn't be any problems, but it might be worth the time to click around there to get familiar with the layout.

The Glen is certainly on my bucket list, but that's a heck of a long haul for me.There's no shame in blaming geographical considerations, but if it's really on your bucket list here's a good opportunity.
...I am sure we can persued Susan to move CVR registartion by an hour + or - to prevent that from causing any problems.+/- a day would be nice.

Chuck

Brazooca
01-05-2011, 05:49 PM
This is heaven! My favorite track! 9 days in a row! I live in Sao Paulo, as some of you know, so I believe I can fairly claim to be the "southernest" boy in the bunch. As such, I can't pass an opportunity like that to make the most of my "modest" 5,000+ mile commute. Count me in all events.

Left Hander
01-05-2011, 05:51 PM
This is heaven! My favorite track! 9 days in a row! I live in Sao Paulo, as some of you know, so I believe I can fairly claim to be the "southernest" boy in the bunch. As such, I can't pass an opportunity like that to make the most of my "modest" 5,000+ mile commute. Count me in all events.

Doug and Brad - the pressure to come just increased...ship the cars...fly in like a rock star

Brazooca
01-05-2011, 05:53 PM
A word of warning.

Our driving will surely improve and we'll pick up a lot of speed as the days go by. Anything over 3 days in a row of real performance driving will put very significant strain on the cars. Having the cars properly tech'd in between events will be a must. There aren't any shops around the track that I know of that can do this. The likelihood of problems with the cars that can spoil our plans will also increase exponentially, so I believe it would be a good idea to hire track support. Costs for this can be prohibitive if we do so individually, but I believe they can be very reasonable for a larger group. If you guys are interested I can request an estimate from the shop that keeps my car for me in PA. I've hired their track support before and was very pleased with it. Even better, I'm sure you guys have your own preferred shops so that we can request competitive proposals from say 3 to 5 shops to get the best possible deal. What do you think?

Rod
01-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Is is June yet....I can't wait!

Can you believe its only been 4 days since the original post? This is going to take forever!! NOT, these dates will be here in a heart beat so if you have not decided on one of the cool groups you need to get on with it. Running list is on the Original Post.

L8Apx here is your teleporter:

http://caymanregister.org/images/dto_garage/users/11585/1076t.jpg will have you at the the Glen before you know it.....:)

Brazooca, the guantlet is down! You are on the ALL IN list.

On track support, I was hoping a local Porsche shop(s) would attend to support the region putting on the DE. We have like 4 of them at our DEs at Road Atlanta. They are a huge help. Help me local folk what is the "track support" at a nomal DE at the Glen?...Rod

gonzo
01-05-2011, 09:49 PM

Happy New Year Brazooca. Looking forward to seeing you in June.

Rod
01-06-2011, 08:21 PM
..........Zone 1 June 17-19 Update.......

Pete and I finally connected. We are more than golden, see below.

- This event will register on clubregistration.net
- Tentative registration opening date is April 15.
- Pete will give me a date by which this event will be on clubregistration.net as soon as he can find out, then follow from there.
- This event is a normal cost 2 day PCA DE even though its got a Friday in it. Once registered and IF you are an advanced driver (Black/Red or Group 4/5 depending on your region) you WILL get on track driving Friday for no charge!
- If you are NOT an advanced driver as defined above you WILL get on track Friday with an instructor driving in their car for no charge!
- If you would like to join Pete on Friday to attend the National Instructor Training for PCA send me a PM and I will get you the scoop you will need to pursue that.

This deal is can't lose people. Its 5 days on track Friday through Tuesday for the ALL IN group (see original post).

.......Something to be thinking about......Car Numbers

-You may run one number for Zone 1 and a different one for CVR event as the attendees sort out and they get to unique numbers by event or group however they go

- If yours are permanent, race tape adds a 1 or 0 to the front or back of your painted or otherwise permanently affixed ID.

- If yours are temporary, buy a couple 1s or 0s so you can be flexible, race tape works for you too but it may not be as fashionable as you desire.

If you are on the fence wanting to get in on this you need to get off the fence....NOW......Rod

gonzo
01-06-2011, 09:34 PM
I'll definitely keep my eye out for when registration opens. This promises to a monumental event. Rod, thanks for taking the lead on this. Riding with an instructor is something I haven't done yet and want to do.

lightweight
01-06-2011, 10:00 PM
The 4-5 day option is sorely tempting. I'm waiting on confirmation (or not) of international travel 2nd half June.

diverdog
01-10-2011, 11:11 AM
I'm thinking that I'm absolutey going to do CRV and Niagra. Maybe Z1 as well. The Niagra event is basically 2 days of open track. It was awesome last year.

NNJR does national instructor training July 1 at Pocono and I may need to be traveling at that time. If so I'm going to want to do the Zone 1 instructor training 6/17. 7 days in a row at WGI will be insane!

Rod
01-10-2011, 11:15 AM
I'm thinking that I'm absolutey going to do CRV and Niagra. Maybe Z1 as well. The Niagra event is basically 2 days of open track. It was awesome last year.

NNJR does national instructor training July 1 at Pocono and I may need to be traveling at that time. If so I'm going to want to do the Zone 1 instructor training 6/17. 7 days in a row at WGI will be insane!

You have been moved to the INSANE group with Bman in the OP, we are not worthy.....Rod

Bman
01-10-2011, 11:20 AM
You have been moved to the INSANE group with Bman in the OP, we are not worthy.....Rod

I prefer "disturbingly enthusiastic" :smile:

diverdog
01-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Well at least I'm in exhalted company with B-man!:eek2:

diverdog
01-10-2011, 11:26 AM
And If I don't flunk out of instructor training where will be one more guy with a lot of glen seat time available for rides

ApexL8
01-10-2011, 11:33 AM
I prefer "disturbingly enthusiastic".This term is entering my personal repertoire, brilliant.

CrocZilla
01-10-2011, 11:34 AM
.....Rod

I'm ALL-IN! :cool2:

Rod
01-10-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm ALL-IN! :cool2:

Added you in to the the list with the Cool People...Rod

Gator Bite
01-10-2011, 01:34 PM
Slightly off topic, but still on topic. I received an e-mail from our (CVR) DE registrar this weekend. Guess what she got....? A Cayman S.... :smile:

That's one more Cayman in the CVR Red Group, another CVR instructor who will have first hand Cayman experience and a guaranteed warm welcome for us Cayman invaders in June. :wink:

Rod
01-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Slightly off topic, but still on topic. I received an e-mail from our (CVR) DE registrar this weekend. Guess what she got....? A Cayman S.... :smile:

That's one more Cayman in the CVR Red Group, another CVR instructor who will have first hand Cayman experience and a guaranteed warm welcome for us Cayman invaders in June. :wink:

Sent her a note, she has a 2008 Basalt Black CS, invited her to the CR. She can live our little lead up to the meet up firsthand!!...Rod

Black Widow
01-10-2011, 02:40 PM

Gator,

This is great news. I know she has wanted one for a year. I think she drove Don's race car at WGI or LRP and was blown away with the performance. Good for her and us!

Bob

Crocagator
01-10-2011, 05:18 PM

So Susan got a Cayman S...how cool is that...now with Driver8 that make two instructors that "lean" toward our way of life...:cool2:

The Chad
01-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Sorry Im late to the PARTY but

IM IN

Chad

Rod
01-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Which group do I put The Chad in? See first post...Rod

Left Hander
01-10-2011, 06:48 PM
sign him up for both events - he left it up to you Rod. He's driving in from afar so he'll want to get the hang of the track with two events:wink:

The Chad
01-10-2011, 06:53 PM
I belong in the COOLEST GROUP! :tongue: ALL

Chad

ApexL8
01-10-2011, 07:01 PM
IM INSounds like we are about to Round up the usual suspects. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0034583/quotes)

Left Hander
01-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Chad I am glad to see you are going to make it !

The Chad
01-10-2011, 07:15 PM
I cant miss the meeting of the CROCS!

All off us at the track together is going to be OFF THE CHAIN! :grin:

Chad

Rod
01-10-2011, 07:30 PM
I cant miss the meeting of the CROCS!

All off us at the track together is going to be OFF THE CHAIN! :grin:

Chad

Added you to the Cool People, ALL IN....Rod

gonzo
01-10-2011, 08:03 PM
All this talk of a group of Caymans gathering at the Glen reminds me of this scene.

dzOHq5WbQ8k

Crocagator
01-10-2011, 08:12 PM
All this talk of a group of Caymans gathering at the Glen reminds me of this scene.

dzOHq5WbQ8k

LMAO...

The Chad
01-10-2011, 08:15 PM
+1

Its going to be Epic!

Chad

diverdog
01-10-2011, 08:26 PM
It will be interesting to see all of the cars from stock to full race and everything in between

ApexL8
01-10-2011, 09:03 PM
All off us at the track together is going to be OFF THE CHAIN!Let's just make a pact now, no arrests. And if that doesn't work out, then no convictions. Is there going to be a lawyer in the group?

Chuck

gonzo
01-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Let's just make a pact now, no arrests. And if that doesn't work out, then no convictions. Is there going to be a lawyer in the group?

Chuck

Besides me? I don't think so.

Gator Bite
01-11-2011, 07:58 AM
So Susan got a Cayman S...how cool is that...now with Driver8 that make two instructors that "lean" toward our way of life...:cool2:

We should star a list. Maybe in another thread. But there are many Cayman owning instructors now. Don't forget Don Schneider (Hudson Champlain Region, but doesn't miss a CVR event). He was the original Cayman pioneer chasing down Porsches with a Cayman before it was fashionable. :smile: Then you have Bob Bradley (CVR), a very seasoned driver and instructor who picked up a beautiful Carmona Red CS a couple of years back. New to the listt we have Croc'ed (new instructor w/NY Metro), Driver8 (new instructor ? w/NNJR), Baron Jacobs (super fast, super technical driver, club racer CVR), Susan Vacaro (she's going to be so fast in the CS - CVR DE Registrar and respected instructor).

Ina has been lucky enough to have had Susan and Bob as instructors, and she's done a ride along with Don. Get her talking and she'll go one and on about how much fun she had with each of them

Sorry Im late to the PARTY but

IM IN

Chad

Very cool. The Glen is going to spoil you. This is the real deal, the big time. I don't want to over sell it, but you're going to have a real good time.

CrocZilla
01-11-2011, 10:20 AM
GB Aaron aka Driver8 is also the president of HCR. The Cayman is well represented there with pres and track chair both driving caymans :)

The Chad
01-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Let's just make a pact now, no arrests. And if that doesn't work out, then no convictions. Is there going to be a lawyer in the group?

Chuck

LMAO! I cant promise anything :wink:

Chad

diverdog
01-11-2011, 10:11 PM
We'll keep you wild youg guys in line. Lots of fun things to do in the Glen besides driving. It will be a blast!

Left Hander
01-12-2011, 06:22 AM
We'll keep you wild youg guys in line. Lots of fun things to do in the Glen besides driving. It will be a blast!
...and the young guys can help keep the 'more experienced' guys awake at night - after a full day at the track outdoors it is hard to keep my head off the dinner table some times. (experience not referring to driving experience)

diverdog
01-12-2011, 09:13 AM
So True! I'm such a light weight these days, 2 drinks & I'm crashing at 9:00! Plus I'm on an early schedule so I'll be up at 5:30 no matter what:cry:

Crocagator
01-12-2011, 09:24 AM
So True! I'm such a light weight these days, 2 drinks & I'm crashing at 9:00! Plus I'm on an early schedule so I'll be up at 5:30 no matter what:cry:

I hate to admit that...but it is so true...I guess that comes with age...my limit is one drink...

Retired-Teach
01-12-2011, 11:59 AM
I hate to admit that...but it is so true...I guess that comes with age...my limit is one drink...

And that's on a good night for me.

Bman
01-12-2011, 02:52 PM
I am normally a sound sleeper but at the track it's a different story. I can't get a good night's sleep and wake up in the middle of the night with thoughts of the track literally "racing" through my head. It's frustrating and happens a lot. I am considering a two drink MINIMUM!

FTS
01-12-2011, 02:55 PM
^^^ +1 :)

diverdog
01-12-2011, 03:30 PM
I sleep like a baby but with Brian & Fatih chasing me I might have insomnia!:sealed: Nah I think i'll sleep like the dead anyway. lol

driver8
01-12-2011, 03:57 PM

Susan drove my Cayman S in stock form at LRP in the rain a couple years ago. So I would like to take credit for converting her. :rolleyes2:

driver8
01-12-2011, 03:59 PM
GB Aaron aka Driver8 is also the president of HCR. The Cayman is well represented there with pres and track chair both driving caymans :)

One of our green run group drivers in Hudson Champlain Region just bought a used 06 Cayman S. We will slowly take over the world. :wink:

Left Hander
01-12-2011, 05:39 PM
I am normally a sound sleeper but at the track it's a different story. I can't get a good night's sleep and wake up in the middle of the night with thoughts of the track literally "racing" through my head. It's frustrating and happens a lot. I am considering a two drink MINIMUM!

Bman me too - I often wake a couple times in the night, guess I am anxious to get back in the seat again. I have a trick - I start visualizing the track 'driving each turn' in my mind and bamo - back to sleep. I don't think I have completed a full lap yet - works every time.

The Chad
01-12-2011, 08:06 PM
:sleep: You guys are killing me! We get together maybe once a year. So let the good times role :wink:

Chad

ApexL8
01-12-2011, 10:12 PM
I'm such a light weight these days, 2 drinks & I'm crashing at 9:00!
For a DE this sounds like a perfect plan, early to bed, early to rise. Two drinks sounds good to me, and I usually sleep like a rock after a day at the track.

Just for the record I was only joking around about needing a lawyer...but if the situation arises, I nominate myself not to be the guy that has to talk to the cops.

Chuck

Rod
01-19-2011, 05:51 PM
149 Days Until Zone 1 DE

103 Days Until Registration for CVR DE (Tentatively May 2)

Still wating for an update from Zone 1 on their registration date and will post when I know.

On a previous post I asked what is the support like, if any, of local Porsche shops for these events. Did not get a response. Anybody know?.....Rod

Black Widow
01-19-2011, 07:27 PM
CVR events generally have several unofficial support shops present. Dan Jacobs (Hairy Dog Garage), Spencer Cox (SpeedSportTuning), Chris Musante Motorsports.

That is three very capable shops present at the DE events. None of these shops come strictly for support.

diverdog
01-19-2011, 07:59 PM
I don't think I've ever attended an event at WGI when there wasn't a Porsche mechanic / shop in attendance. They are usually participating in the event but have tools, spares & knowledge on hand to help

Rod
01-20-2011, 11:05 PM
Thanks dd and BW just wanting to get an idea what to ( or not) carry...Rod

Rod
01-21-2011, 09:26 PM
Update on the June 20-21 CVR DE.
This is now on clubregistration.net (http://www.clubregistration.net/index.cfm?CFID=3126529&CFTOKEN=4c457336e5a174da-59A95016-19B9-F825-ABFAE9A9B051F544)and registration opens May 4 at 12:00pm Central Time, 1pm Eastern time.

No Update on the Zone 1 DE June 17-19 at this time...Rod

diverdog
01-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Registered for Niagara 06/22/11 - 06/23/11

Rod
01-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Registered for Niagara 06/22/11 - 06/23/11

We are not worthy....Rod

Rod
01-30-2011, 09:05 PM
Zone 1 DE June 17-19 update

Got a note from Pete that the registration date for this event should be around April 15. At this time I do not have a date when it will show on clubregistration.net but I will keep looking and post when I see it. Once on that site we will have the official date and time for registration and I will post that as well.

CVR DE June 20-21 Update

Nothing new at this time.

Gonna be great, can't wait. If you are still on the fence get your money, vacation, and permissions lined up and join us. Current list of DE nuts in the game is on the Original Post...Rod

Rod
02-11-2011, 09:25 PM

Registration for this event is now confirmed for April 15 and the event is on clubregistration.net now.

Copied from the Clubregistration site:

Zone 1 Premier Driver Education at Watkins Glen. All levels of drivers accepted. Porsche vehicles only. Maximum of 2 drivers per car.

Valid driver's license and a current PCA card. Porsches only. Minimum age 18. Securely mounted fire extinguisher. Snell M2005 or SA2005, M2010 or SA2010 helmet. Tech inspection prior to coming to the track.

Registration will be limited. Maximum of two drivers per car. Organizers retain the right to refuse entry. This is not a timed event.

Garage spaces will be assigned to REGIONS based on registrations received by May 1 and region allocations. DO NOT EMAIL THE REGISTRAR ASKING TO RESERVE A GARAGE SPACE.

Track will be open Friday, June 17, for Instructor Day. Instructors will be advised of details by separate notification. All other entrants are welcome to come to the track to observe only.

Fee is $260 per driver. Payment via clubregistration.net only.

Those who have Zone 1 Gift Certificates must pay in full for the event. Once you have registered, paid and been confirmed for the event. Mail the original gift certificate to the registrar and you will be refunded the value of the gift certificate.

I have 2 questions in to the registrar: 1) is it really 12 am for registration and 2) do you require fire extinguishers on a street legal car?

Will post when I get answers.

CVR DE June 20-21 Update

Nothing new at this time.....Rod

63 Days Until Registration Zone 1 DE

82 Days Until Registration for CVR DE

126 Days Until Zone 1 DE

130 Days Until CVR DE

ApexL8
02-12-2011, 09:29 AM
63 Days Until Registration Zone 1 DE

82 Days Until Registration for CVR DE

126 Days Until Zone 1 DE

130 Days Until CVR DE

Thanks for staying on top of this!

Crocagator
02-12-2011, 10:10 AM
I just finished marking up my calender (with pop up reminders on the dates to register) for the entire season...already registered for the DE with the CVR at LRP for April 1...

bretster
02-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Rats, I do not have a fire extinguisher. Any suggestions?

Edit: I have 2008 Cayman S with standard seats.

Rod
02-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Bret don't panic yet until I hear back from the registrar. I'm in the same boat you are and was not looking for this expense. In our region, Alabama Region and Carolinas Region where I have run, street legal cars are not required to have a fire extinguisher. I hope that will be the case here. Standby....Rod

The Chad
02-13-2011, 07:25 AM
Im in that boat as well! Rod I will be waiting your reply

Chad

beez
02-13-2011, 11:06 AM
Rats, I do not have a fire extinguisher. Any suggestions?

Edit: I have 2008 Cayman S with standard seats.

Im in that boat as well! Rod I will be waiting your reply

Chad

After a lot of research, I decided on this fire extinguisher mount:

http://www.rennline.com/Fire-Extinguisher-Mount/productinfo/FE04/

Best one i could find. Manufacturing, fit, and finish is exquisite. Installation is of medium difficulty, and means taking out the driver's seat. I sourced a Halon (not dry chemical) extinguisher locally. If you need to use the extinguisher, you'll be glad you got the halon, trust me. Paid $160 for the extinguisher - such a good price, I also bought one for our kitchen at home.

gonzo
02-13-2011, 11:23 AM
After a lot of research, I decided on this fire extinguisher mount:

http://www.rennline.com/Fire-Extinguisher-Mount/productinfo/FE04/

Best one i could find. Manufacturing, fit, and finish is exquisite. Installation is of medium difficulty, and means taking out the driver's seat. I sourced a Halon (not dry chemical) extinguisher locally. If you need to use the extinguisher, you'll be glad you got the halon, trust me. Paid $160 for the extinguisher - such a good price, I also bought one for our kitchen at home.

I agree. I installed the Rennline bracket in my car. With my son helping me, it only took about an hour to remove the seat, install the bracket, and re-install the seat. I paid $150 for a Halon extinguisher from a local shop. My region requires a fire extinguisher for all run groups.

bretster
02-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Thanks guys, I'm going to get right on the fire extinguisher so I'm not caught out when the time comes that I need it (literally and figuratively).

gonzo
02-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Removing/installing the car seat is fairly straightforward, but you'll need an external torx socket (E12) and trim removal tools. The bolts that hold the rails to the car should be torqued to 37 ft-lbs.

CrocZilla
02-13-2011, 09:45 PM
...1) is it really 12 am for registration ...

lol unfortunately when clubreg posts 12 am central they mean it. This is not the first time I've stayed up till 1am waiting for registration to open. It's worth it for this event. :)

Rod
02-13-2011, 09:54 PM
lol unfortunately when clubreg posts 12 am central they mean it. This is not the first time I've stayed up till 1am waiting for registration to open. It's worth it for this event. :)

I still have not heard back from the registrar but the DE Co-Chairs in my region said this is the first year the Region Chair can select the time themselves for registration to begin. For the last 2 years (the extent of my history with PCA DE) the registration time has been Central time but the majority of the 200+ folks signing up for Road Atlanta are the in the Eastern Time zone. This year the registration time for our first event was Eastern so there may be change on this but I'm with you if its 1AM Eastern I'm there:wink:....Rod

Crocagator
02-14-2011, 05:48 AM
I agree. I installed the Rennline bracket in my car. With my son helping me, it only took about an hour to remove the seat, install the bracket, and re-install the seat. I paid $150 for a Halon extinguisher from a local shop. My region requires a fire extinguisher for all run groups.

I too have installed this bracket and it is very straight forward...the hardest part is lifting the seat out (very heavy) without doing any damage...it too about an hour tops...it helps to have someone else there to help lift it out of the car...the installing of the bracket and extinguisher are simple...they have a special for the bracket/extinguisher on line... http://www.rennline.com/Fire-Extinguisher-and-Mount-Package/productinfo/FE04-H3R/

Rod
02-14-2011, 09:00 PM
Thanks Beez, Gonzo, Finally @ 57 for the source/scoop on the fire extinguisher. The verdict is they are waiving the fire extinguisher requirement. As for the exact time registration opens Pete did not realize this is currently set for 1am Eastern, he is looking into it and I will post his reply.

CVR DE June 20-21 Update

The tech form for CVR does state that a fire extinguisher is required for Red, Black, and White run groups, I will confirm with the Registrar but for right now I would assume if you are going to run in at least White you need a fire extinguisher in your baby. There is a dinner Monday night that is optional, its $25 for steak or turkey. Unless someone has a better idea should we not all get the dinner option in our preference of bird or cow?

Late breaking news for CVR DE
Just confirmed fire extinguisher is waived for Green and Yellow run groups, required for everyone else. This multi-region thing is getting expensive:hmm:....Rod

diverdog
02-15-2011, 06:36 AM
Safety equipment is cheap. Not having a fire extinguisher when you need one is very expensive!:tongue:

Rod
02-15-2011, 08:57 AM
Spoken like a man who clearly already has a fire extinguisher:). And from a guy who has already lead me to spend serious coin on a Rage R3, which I love by the way. I guess I'm going with the black fire extinguisher...Rod

Speedy
02-15-2011, 09:36 AM
I too have installed this bracket and it is very straight forward...the hardest part is lifting the seat out (very heavy) without doing any damage...it too about an hour tops...it helps to have someone else there to help lift it out of the car...the installing of the bracket and extinguisher are simple...they have a special for the bracket/extinguisher on line... http://www.rennline.com/Fire-Extinguisher-and-Mount-Package/productinfo/FE04-H3R/

Another +1 on the Rennline bracket. Relatively easy to install (as long as you remember to disconnect the plug under the seat - ask me!) and provides a very secure mount for the extinguisher.

Gator Bite
02-15-2011, 12:04 PM
CVR DE June 20-21 Update

There is a dinner Monday night that is optional, its $25 for steak or turkey. Unless someone has a better idea should we not all get the dinner option in our preference of bird or cow?

The dinner is pretty nice. The food is not bad, but the company is unmatched. This provides a great opportunity to socialize with other infected freaks like ourselves.

diverdog
02-15-2011, 12:38 PM
NNJR requires fire extinguishers for solo classes (white & above). I was in white 3/4 of the way through my first season. Ergo I have one.

I'm always happy to help you spend your money!

Rod
02-15-2011, 08:33 PM

Well Chuck you got your wish, Pete has confirmed the Zone 1 DE registration opens on April 15 at........1AM Eastern. These guys are hardcore:eek2:....Rod

Left Hander
02-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Rod - I may have missed it but scanning several pages back I did not see when the cvr registration is. Do we know?

suggestion: post the registration date time to post number one for easy ref.

thanks,
don

gonzo
02-21-2011, 02:38 PM
Rod - I may have missed it but scanning several pages back I did not see when the cvr registration is. Do we know?

thanks,
don
Left Hander, CVR registration is May 4th at 1PM EDT using Clubregistration.net.

Rod
02-21-2011, 05:36 PM

thanks,
don

I have added those to the original post but since both of these events are now on clubregistration.net that is where we can all keep up. Although I do plan on making sure everybody remembers as the registration dates for each event draw closer.....Rod

Left Hander
02-21-2011, 08:56 PM
thanks guys - got the reminder in my diary now

ApexL8
02-23-2011, 11:02 AM
- got the reminder in my diary nowDitto, calendar.yahoo.com (http://calendar.yahoo.com/) will email me reminders. And I appreciate reminders!

Chuck

Rod
02-27-2011, 07:41 PM
OK guys as of today we are 110 days out from the Zone 1 DE at Watkins Glen. I have a few items:

1) Should we try to caravan? The long haulers from Zone 3 (me and Chuck) are looking at 911+ miles. A likely route would be I85N out of GA to I77N to I81N to US 11 to I180 and I86 into the Glen. Have not run all this by Chuck but I'm thinking 7-8 hours max driving and then stop. About 7 hours would put us about 1/2 the way there in Roanoke, VA on I81. About 8 hours would put us in Lexinton, VA still on I81. Depending on our departure time and whoever wants to jump on the route we would be at either place early afternoon to evening of Wednesday June 15. We roll in to The Glen either 7 or 6 hours later on Thursday June 16 at around lunch or early afternoon. Knowing different folks have their own logistics but the Deep South boys route and timing will probably be awfully close to that. Shout out if you want to try to hook up on the way in.

2) Good tire shop recommendations in the metro Watkins Glen area. Name and number would be great. Michelin and Bridgestone please.

Chuck will be doing some version of carrying his track tires (by the way never saw that trailer idea come to life my bud:wink:). Rod will be using the low maintenance "run what you brung" method of driving up on street tires, running at the track and driving home. What better swan song for this set of PS2s? However, I am most concerned about picking up a nail on the way and goofing me up for the DE. I would have no problem patching it and limping in to the hotel and then using Thursday to get a new tire assuming availablity. How good a plan is that? I am strongly considering buying 1 rear tire (that is where I get the nails) wrapping it a trash bag and stick it in the passenger seat as an insurance policy. Only real problem is that I had planned my next set to be RE-11s, guess I could try to sell it back home if I don't need it at the Glen. Local info/suggestions please.

3) Consider all of us staying at the same place at the Glen.

I am going to call 2 hotels the Harbor Hotel (which as of right now does not have availability don't know if something is being held for the DE) and the Seneca Lodge and see if there is any kind of group rate for 15-20 rooms. Will post any findings later but any ideas on this sing out.

4) Once at The Glen where can we find grits and sweet iced tea?:smile:....Rod

diverdog
02-27-2011, 09:43 PM
For tire service the two good local places are http://www.parmenterinc.com/index.htm and believe it or not Walmart. Yes walmart did a fantastic job of re-balancing my tires when Parmenter was closed. Race weights & tape too. They checked all four and balance 2 for $12! I wouldn't hesitate to go back. I have no idea what tires they sell though.

The Seneca lodge is a bit ahhhhh rustic. But I guess you southern mountain boys will feel right at home! :eek2: Everyone should stay there once, but for me once was enough. The restaurant is not bad and the bar is great. If I tried to get my wife to stay there she'd sleep in the car first. LOL

Up here grits is something we throw on the road when it snows & real men drink tea without sugar.

Just kidd'n of course you may be able to get grits at Chefs diner & we have pleanty of sugar for tea.

David Murry did a fantastic presentation on driving the Glen at NNJR PCA Instructors meeting today. A very interesting take on some of the corners that I can't wait to try!

Crocagator
02-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Up here grits is something we throw on the road when it snows & real men drink tea with out sugar.

ROTFLMAO...Sorry Rod...I have been traveling the south for over 30 years and I get a kick out of you southern guys and your food and drinks...

actually I was at a Costco in southern NJ recently and they actually carry PS2's...also the Tire Rack can and will get you a tire overnight or at least the worst - 2nd. day to any address...I have done this from experience...so I don't think you will have a problem replacing a tire if need be...and us "northin" guys will help out all we can :wink:...

Left Hander
02-28-2011, 05:22 AM
ROTFLMAO...Sorry Rod...I have been traveling the south for over 30 years and I get a kick out of you southern guys and your food and drinks...

actually I was at a Costco in southern NJ recently and they actually carry PS2's...also the Tire Rack can and will get you a tire overnight or at least the worst - 2nd. day to any address...I have done this from experience...so I don't think you will have a problem replacing a tire if need be...and us "northin" guys will help out all we can :wink:...

TR next day - even over the weekend? that would be good to know

Crocagator
02-28-2011, 11:47 AM
TR next day - even over the weekend? that would be good to know

I checked with the TR and they can ship overnight - Monday through Friday (even for a Saturday delivery)...and they can also ship to the various tracks directly...worse case is a tire goes bad on Saturday (they can take orders on Saturday but no shipping) and you get it on Monday at the track...just another alternative to a local place...

Rod
02-28-2011, 06:13 PM
Just had to keep the stereotype going, we are not all married to our sister and some of us do wear shoes.

Good scoop guys, filling up the travel notebook, thanks...Rod

Rod
03-29-2011, 12:10 PM

Registration for this event has a TIME CHANGE. Registration now opens at 10am Central Time (11am EDT) on April 15. Mark your calendars accordingly. I have updated the original post time as well.

CVR DE June 20-21 Update

Nothing new at this time.....Rod
17 Days Until Registration Zone 1 DE

36 Days Until Registration for CVR DE

80 Days Until Zone 1 DE
83 Days Until CVR DE

gonzo
03-29-2011, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the reminders.

Rod
04-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Attention track rats. We are 10 days out from registration for the Zone 1 DE at the Glen. Registration opens at 11am EDT on April 15. Regardless of what combination of days you are doing if the June 17-19 event is on your dance card you have to register so don't get left out. Here is who I previously had at least attending the Zone 1 48 Hours at the Glen:

1. ApexL8
2. Left Hander
3. Gator Bite
4. Rod
5. Croc'ed
6. Black Widow
7. gonzo
8. Bretster
9. mysticcs
10. Brazooco
11. CrocZilla
12. The Chad
1. Driver 8
2. FTS
1. Bman
2. diverdog

By my count that is 16 and a decent number but I think we can do better don't you?

So............ we need to beat the bushes, cajole and generally SHAME others here to get their track act together and register for this event.

The obvious first group to call out is the group that is only attending the CVR event that follows that Monday.

1. Finally @ 57
2. Pistol Pete
3. Retired-Teach

C'mon guys can't you show up a couple days earlier? We will be talking about this event forever. Only those that attended both can bask in the full glory of the Cayman invasion of Watkins Glen in June 2011.

Next is Eana, Mike is going Ill bet you are too. You gonna let him have all the fun? All the other married guys probably wished they could share this with their wives and you are from what I can tell the only who does. Don't let this one get past you Mrs Gator Bite!

Now the rest of us need to send a note, text, call or otherwise harass folks we know and tell them the opportunity they have been looking for is gone in 10 days. Shake the trees people!!!....Rod

Crocagator
04-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Wish I could...as of this time, I am scheduled to be in China on business and lucky to get back and do the CVR event...:cry:

Dibs
04-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Count me in for Zone 1. Assuming I can register successfully, that is. As Kermit the Frog said "Its not easy being green". :confused2:

Gator Bite
04-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Count me in for Zone 1. Assuming I can register successfully, that is. As Kermit the Frog said "Its not easy being green". :confused2:

Awesome... I look forward to meeting you there.

Rod
04-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Wish I could...as of this time, I am scheduled to be in China on business and lucky to get back and do the CVR event...:cry:

Gotcha Tom, life gets in the way. Looking forward to meeting your jet lagged self on Monday then.

Excellent, register early and often (kidding about the often) looking forward to seeing The Meteor.

So Mike, can we get Mrs Gator Bite in the chaos?....Rod

Brazooca
04-06-2011, 01:16 PM
As if I wasn't insane enough just from commuting 5,000+ miles for driving on these events, please include me on the list for Zone 1, CVR, and Niagara, June 17-23.

Brazooca
04-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Oh. I forgot. I may do Potomac 6/24-26 as well. 10 days straight. Anyone up for the megamarathon?

Croc'ed
04-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding! Looks like we have a winner!
Truly, we are not worthy...10 days straight! :cool2:

Oh. I forgot. I may do Potomac 6/24-26 as well. 10 days straight. Anyone up for the megamarathon?

Rod
04-06-2011, 07:48 PM

Move over Bman and diverdog, you stand alone Brazooca. Heck since you are coming so far just stay in the country and come to Road Atlanta for our August 13-14 DE!:cool2:....Rod

P.S. Updated the OP with all the current afflicted souls.

diverdog
04-06-2011, 08:51 PM
I may need to cancel Niagra as I will be moving around that time. my NJ house sold much quicker than expected. I think 5 days will have to do it for me

Gator Bite
04-07-2011, 09:06 AM
So Mike, can we get Mrs Gator Bite in the chaos?....Rod

I'm working on her..... Stand by....

Rod
04-07-2011, 09:49 PM
I may need to cancel Niagra as I will be moving around that time. my NJ house sold much quicker than expected. I think 5 days will have to do it for me

Change made in the OP, hey you are still with the Cool People:wink:....Rod

Rod
04-08-2011, 10:25 AM
7 Days Until Registration Zone 1 DE

26 Days Until Registration for CVR DE

70 Days Until Zone 1 DE
73 Days Until CVR DE

......Rod

Croc'ed
04-08-2011, 12:00 PM
I notice the font sizes are getting larger as the dates approach...is this the Doppler effect?

Crocagator
04-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Jeez...I feel like a kid at Christmas...what a build up!:grin:

Rod
04-08-2011, 12:58 PM
I notice the font sizes are getting larger as the dates approach...is this the Doppler effect?

I can't hear you, your type is too small:grin:....Rod

The Chad
04-08-2011, 02:13 PM
I can't hear you, your type is too small:grin:....Rod

Your SMILEY is puney! :tongue:

ApexL8
04-09-2011, 01:55 PM
I notice the font sizes are getting larger as the dates approach...is this the Doppler effect?There's gotta be a maximum font size, right? When Rod resorts to ALL CAPS + BOLD then he'll really be shouting!

I can't wait to get the first registration under my belt, the suspense is killing me.

Chuck

iceben
04-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Where have I been? Completely missed this thread! I've been planning to sign up for this since the Zone 2 at VIR.

I'll be there! For the Zone 1 that is. I have to check my (work) schedule for the CVR DE.

Oh, and the BMW Clubs seem to use the 'Falls Motel' as their headquarters. Haven't stayed there but it looks pretty dated. It is the closest place to the track though. The Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel is very very nice. Not cheap, but very nice http://www.watkinsglenharborhotel.com/ . I've also stayed at a bed and breakfast, but that's when Mrs. Iceben was along.

gonzo
04-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Speaking of hotels, has anyone had any experience with the Glen Motor Inn? http://www.glenmotorinn.com/page/page/5558879.htm

Rod
04-11-2011, 12:31 PM
Where have I been? Completely missed this thread! I've been planning to sign up for this since the Zone 2 at VIR.

I'll be there! For the Zone 1 that is. I have to check my (work) schedule for the CVR DE.

Oh, and the BMW Clubs seem to use the 'Falls Motel' as their headquarters. Haven't stayed there but it looks pretty dated. It is the closest place to the track though. The Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel is very very nice. Not cheap, but very nice http://www.watkinsglenharborhotel.com/ . I've also stayed at a bed and breakfast, but that's when Mrs. Iceben was along.

Excellent will add you in the OP at the top of this thread for just Zone 1 for now, the true experience is back to back and for some another back:grin:. So let me know if you can do more than Zone 1.

4 Days Until Registration Zone 1 DE

23 Days Until Registration for CVR DE

67 Days Until Zone 1 DE
70 Days Until CVR DE

......Rod

DaveD
04-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Does anyone have info on the number of run groups and runs per day for the zone 1 event?

thanks, Dave

Gator Bite
04-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Does anyone have info on the number of run groups and runs per day for the zone 1 event?

thanks, Dave

I can't say for sure, maybe Rod can find out. I think he has a hotline established with the registrar.

I know with CVR (following Monday & Tuesday) they typically do three combinded groups, which yields a lot of seat time per day (usually four 30-40 minute runs).

Rod
04-11-2011, 05:32 PM

thanks, Dave

Dave I will confirm with the registrar but his what I know for sure right now. Friday is really an instructor day and the Zone 1 folk will try and get us non-instructors at least on track in a ride along sometime on Friday. Sat and Sun are standard DE run groups Green through Red. Will confirm all and report....Rod

UPDATE ZONE 1 DE

Please read for all first timers to the Glen:

My Orginal note to the registrar:

Hey guys we are 4 days from registration and one of my 20 or so Cayman buds was asking what run groups and how many sessions will be running. I told him I would confirm with you guys but that Friday was really instructor only day, we may get a ride along or not depending on what's going on but no driving on Friday. Sat and Sun are your normal run groups Green through Red but I did not know the sessions per day. Can you confirm what I have so far is right and give me an idea of sessions per day per group so I can pass it on? Thanks...Rod

Registrar's Response:

Rod
You are correct. Friday is instructors only. However there is a track walk at 5:30 ( I need to double check the time). Each group on saturday gets 4 sessions of about 23-25 minutes each. On sunday each group gets 3 half hour sessions. The reason for the difference between the 2 days is that we have the track for an extra hour on Saturday.

Please have those who register from your group be as detailed as possible when they create their profile on clubregistration.net and to make certain they fully complete all the fields and answer all questions. I want to be certain that I place drivers in the appropriate run- groups. if they haven't used clubregistration.net before they should create their profile now before registration opens. If you have any more questions let me know.
Thanks
Lou

Rod
04-12-2011, 04:29 PM
UPDATE ZONE 1 DE

We are 3 days out from registration for the June 17-19 Zone 1 DE at the Glen.

Please read for all first timers to the Glen:

Zone 1 Registrar's Response:

"Please have those who register from your group be as detailed as possible when they create their profile on clubregistration.net and to make certain they fully complete all the fields and answer all questions. I want to be certain that I place drivers in the appropriate run- groups. if they haven't used clubregistration.net before they should create their profile now before registration opens. If you have any more questions let me know.
Thanks."
Lou

Get your clubregistration.net profile and driving resume updated prior to Friday so the Zone 1 guys can get you in the right run group and your registration time will be quick. Step 1 almost there gang....Rod

Don 166
04-12-2011, 09:09 PM
I will be there for 7 days starting with Group 52 then Zone 1 then CVR after that I will be ready for some much needed rest. I would be happy to assist anyone who may need help.

Don 166

Crocagator
04-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Hey Don,
Heard a lot about you (all good things) from some of the usual suspects I hang around with here on line...finally had the chance to met you this past weekend at the HC Region DE at LRP...I could definitely use some of your experience...I would like to take you up on your generous offer...I am a newbie and could use as much help as I can get...

Don 166
04-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Hey Don,
Heard a lot about you (all good things) from some of the usual suspects I hang around with here on line...finally had the chance to met you this past weekend at the HC Region DE at LRP...I could definitely use some of your experience...I would like to take you up on your generous offer...I am a newbie and could use as much help as I can get...

I will be instructing at Zone 1 and CVR and just melting up tires at Group 52 . I have at least 50 days at WGI so I know the track pretty well . I even got to drive it at night for a special event giving fun rides . ( deer are an issue after dark) . Please don't hesitate to ask if I can help out in any way . I am one of the original promoters of the merits of a Cayman on the track. Lot's of events I was the only Cayman there. It makes me smile to see all the new Cayman drivers.

Don 166

Rod
04-13-2011, 06:41 PM
I will be there for 7 days starting with Group 52 then Zone 1 then CVR after that I will be ready for some much needed rest. I would be happy to assist anyone who may need help.

Don 166

We have come full circle Don. Don't know if you remember but I was the guy that emailed you back in October of last year looking for back to back DE events at the Glen. You put me on to folks that eventually got this going! I will add you to the COOL PEOPLE list in the Original Post. Look forward to meeting you.

Hotel Update

Called 3 hotels tonight and here is the scoop:

Harbor Hotel has only 2 rooms left, the cheapest starts at $250/night on Thursday and goes up over $300/night for the weekend.

Falls Hotel is 3 miles from the track has good availability right now but they book quick when events are going on at the track 2 queen beds per night is $95 plus tax.

The Watkins Glen Villager Hotel is 3 miles from the track they have rates that vary by night and by bed (doubles vs queens) and by building (they have a Hotel, Motel, and Manor builidings) but the short version is they are anywhere from $95 to $135/ night. If you show your PCA card and book 3 nights the last night will be $50 for any rooms in the Hotel or Motel. I will be getting a more detailed email from them and will post when I get it.

Have no idea about the good, bad or ugily with these but that is the scoop so far.

Its....
2 Days Until Registration Zone 1 DE

21 Days Until Registration for CVR DE

65 Days Until Zone 1 DE
68 Days Until CVR DE

In the words of Pete Tremper PCA DE Chair in the PCA DE Podcast "You can't attend an event unless you register." Lets get it done Friday at 11am EDT folks......Rod

driver8
04-13-2011, 08:25 PM
I know of 3 - 4 Caymans excluding me, coming from Hudson Champlain Region

Gator Bite
04-13-2011, 09:03 PM
I will be instructing at Zone 1 and CVR and just melting up tires at Group 52 . I have at least 50 days at WGI so I know the track pretty well . I even got to drive it at night for a special event giving fun rides . ( deer are an issue after dark) . Please don't hesitate to ask if I can help out in any way . I am one of the original promoters of the merits of a Cayman on the track. Lot's of events I was the only Cayman there. It makes me smile to see all the new Cayman drivers.

Don 166

Wow..... We're not worthy Don.... :smile:

I know of 3 - 4 Caymans excluding me, coming from Hudson Champlain Region

Awesome.... I can't wait for this one.

Don 166
04-13-2011, 10:04 PM
Mike

Thanks I appreciate the kind words . If Lou allows it I can take some drivers out on Friday at Zone 1 for some track tips. I try to give as much time as possible to my students as I get lots of seat time at Group 52 open track all day plus the Nascar track for half a day . Turn ten takes on a whole new dimension when you are slowing from 125 MPH. As far as hotels the Falls is clean and very close to the track the Harbor is really nice but expensive on weekends (track rate does not apply) during the week it's $139 for village view $159 Lakeview very nice if your wife comes along . Just ask for the track rate . I don't know about the other hotels .

Don 166

diverdog
04-14-2011, 06:39 PM
I agree with Don on the hotels. The villager is a poor third choice. Pretty old & tired. It looks much nicer on the web than in person. However there are worse places to stay! LOL

bretster
04-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Looks like I'm not going to be able to go on this little adventure :cry:

Good luck registering everyone!!

Bret

Rod
04-14-2011, 08:19 PM

Bret

Hate it Bret hope that changes.

Thanks Don and diverdog for the hotel scoop.

Even though the reviews are not stellar, as promised here are the rates from the Villager. I have no affiliation but they are the only one of the three I contacted that gives PCA a break if you have your membership card. But as always you get what you pay for, Buyer Beware:

As per our conversation last evening I am sending you the Porsche Club Specials for June 16-26. They must bring their Club card with them.

These Porsche Club discounts must be requested at the time the reservation is made.

Any motel room $10.00 off per night of regular season rate

Any hotel room $20.00 off per night of regular season rate

As an extra special the last night of any stay 3 nights or more will be just $50 plus taxes in any of our rooms.

Our Regular Season rates per night: (for 1-2 persons ,extra persons $15 per night; with cot $20 per night)

Sunday - Weds. nights//Thursday - Saturday nights

Motel Building:
1 Bed - $65.00 plus taxes// $95.00 plus taxes
2 Beds- $75.00 plus taxes// $105.00 plus taxes

Hotel Building:
1 King bed - $95 plus taxes// $130 plus taxes
2 Queen Beds- $105 plus taxes// $135 plus taxes

* Extra persons $15 per night with a cot $20.00 per night.
NOTE: cots must be reserved ahead when registering due to a limited number available.

** Only the hotel rooms have a microwave and mini refig. (see website www.wgvillagermotel.com (http://www.wgvillagermotel.com)

Our heated indoor pool is open everynight until 9pm

They can ask for Mrs. Angie to get these specials.
607-535-7159 or If reserving on our website please under special needs put Porsche Club specials requested and I will make sure they get them. thanks Mrs. Angie

In the Words of Pete Tremper, PCA DE Chair in the PCA DE Podcast, "Its much better to register and cancel if you can't go then to try and register late."

Govern yourself accordingly...Rod

Tomorrow 11 AM EDT Registration for Zone 1 DE June 17-19. Lets Git R Dun!!!

Rod
04-15-2011, 09:34 AM
Did I mention that Zone 1 Registration is TODAY at 11AM EDT?.....Rod

diverdog
04-15-2011, 09:49 AM

Bret

Too bad Bret, I was looking forward to seeing you again. I guess I'll have to call the diner and tell them to cancel the grits & sweet tea breakfast special. :angry:

ApexL8
04-15-2011, 10:08 AM
Did I mention that Zone 1 Registration is TODAY at 11AM EDT?.....Rod
Dang I'm fast, only 10 a.m. and I'm registered, must be an anomaly in the space-time continuum. But what I came here to say was that I'm used to being able to see a list of entrants after registering at clubregistration.net, but can't find any link...maybe Zone 1 has things configured differently.

Chuck

mysticcs
04-15-2011, 10:21 AM

Black Widow
04-15-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm also registered....:cool2:

CrocZilla
04-15-2011, 10:26 AM
Dang I'm fast, only 10 a.m. and I'm registered, must be an anomaly in the space-time continuum. But what I came here to say was that I'm used to being able to see a list of entrants after registering at clubregistration.net, but can't find any link...maybe Zone 1 has things configured differently.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck I registered as soon as I read your message. It seems they moved start of reg to 8am central so spread the word around. I think each organizer/club has the option to display the roster to registrants and maybe in this case they left it off. Did you see any option for renting garage space?

Gamecock
04-15-2011, 10:41 AM
I'm in. Iwill be doing CVR as well.

I assume that I will be able to get good BBQ, grits and okra up there, as well as sweet tea.

Looking forward to seeing all my Cayman friends and making some new ones.

Black Widow
04-15-2011, 10:59 AM

I assume that I will be able to get good BBQ, grits and okra up there, as well as sweet tea.

I know we have Oatmeal, waffles, and green beans -- there kinda like okra....BBQ (we have A1 and catsup at every tale) is something you put on the chicken right?

ApexL8
04-15-2011, 10:59 AM
Did you see any option for renting garage space?Nope, only a cryptic message...
Garage spaces will be assigned to Zone 1 REGIONS based on registrations received by June 1 and region allocations. DO NOT EMAIL THE REGISTRAR ASKING TO RESERVE A GARAGE SPACE.
I assume that I will be able to get good BBQ, grits and okra up there, as well as sweet tea...Bring your own! We can introduce the yankees to red beans and rice, oyster po'boys, and chitlins too. We do have to organize some kind of informal Cayman Register meet up, I would hate to travel all that way and miss meeting someone. Always fun annoying new people.

Chuck

Rod
04-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Ok Lou threw me a curve ball and changed the time but I'm in. I got so flustered that the time changed that I registered for the Club Race! Grabbed the wrong event and stopped before check out. Anyway got to the right one. Sorry for the time change guys they got one by me. Wish there was a way I could see the roster....Rod

mysticcs
04-15-2011, 11:21 AM
"Garage spaces will be assigned to Zone 1 REGIONS based on registrations received by June 1 and region allocations"

Since there was no garage option, I'm interpreting this as first come, first serve for my regions allocated spaces. No? Or maybe there will be individual emails sent to early registrants with a "right of first refusal" sort of thing.

Gator Bite
04-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Ok Lou threw me a curve ball and changed the time but I'm in. I got so flustered that the time changed that I registered for the Club Race! Grabbed the wrong event and stopped before check out. Anyway got to the right one. Sorry for the time change guys they got one by me. Wish there was a way I could see the roster....Rod

Haaa haa..... Too funny....

I was on the phone, and registered right at 11:03. Oops....

diverdog
04-15-2011, 11:24 AM
Bring some good corn bread with you! I'm registered

mysticcs
04-15-2011, 11:32 AM
Bring some good corn bread with you! I'm registered

You guys are making me feel like I should I represent and bring some New England Style Clam Chowda :wink:

Gator Bite
04-15-2011, 11:56 AM
You guys are making me feel like I should I represent and bring some New England Style Clam Chowda :wink:

Can Southern people eat clams....? I thought they were poisonous unless you grew up on them. :wink:

ApexL8
04-15-2011, 11:59 AM
...bring some New England Style Clam Chowda...Nuthin better, that's eatin', (and NOT that Manhattan style). Just cause we eat possum down here doesn't mean we can't enjoy the finer things in life too.

Oh, I figured out an easy way that the Cayman owners can spot each other, we'll wear some distinctive shirts, yankees in blue, southerners in gray.

Chuck

diverdog
04-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Nuthin better, that's eatin', (and NOT that Manhattan style). Just cause we eat possum down here doesn't mean we can't enjoy the finer things in life too.

Oh, I figured out an easy way that the Cayman owners can spot each other, we'll wear some distinctive shirts, yankees in blue, southerners in gray.

Chuck

I was wondering why I never see road kill south of the Mason/Dixon line

Gator Bite
04-15-2011, 12:24 PM
:grin: You guys are killing me.

Heads up. I just made a reservation at the Harbour Hotel (http://www.watkinsglenharborhotel.com/) for Sunday and Monday night, at a rate of $139 a night (the WGI Club rate, not available on Friday or Saturday nights). They have about 30 more available at that rate on those nights. I will likely stay someplace else Friday and Saturday. I'm sorry, I just can't see spending $250 a night for a freaking mattress. At $139, the Harbour is the best value in town, hands down.

The manger I spoke to told me they have a BIG business group registered for that week, and that often times those groups adjust their block of rooms downward a month or so before the dates. So in her experience, many more rooms may become available, maybe even some of the $129 a night rooms.

I have some Hilton HHonors points buring a hole in my pocket that I may use for Friday and Satruday night. There two Hilton properties in Elmira, which is 15 miles away, about a 25-30 minute drive. It wouldn't be my first choice, but for free..... I've done it before and it's not that bad.

Rod
04-15-2011, 12:34 PM
I guess I'll have to call the diner and tell them to cancel the grits & sweet tea breakfast special. :angry:

Keep that on menu for me please...

Looking forward to seeing all my Cayman friends and making some new ones.

Excellent! Added you to the OP at the top.

Can Southern people eat clams....? I thought they were poisonous unless you grew up on them. :wink:

Yes, but they must be in New England style chowder :eek2:.

Chuck

What a novel idea:rolleyes2:.

I was wondering why I never see road kill south of the Mason/Dixon line

Its all good when you fry it brother.

Heads up. I just made a reservation at the Harbour Hotel (http://www.watkinsglenharborhotel.com/) for Sunday and Monday night, at a rate of $139 a night (the WGI Club rate, not available on Friday or Saturday nights). They have about 30 more available at that rate on those nights. I will likely stay someplace else Friday and Saturday. I'm sorry, I just can't see spending $250 a night for a freaking mattress. At $139, the Harbour is the best value in town, hands down.

Chuck and I are going cheap at the Falls $95/night.

josh.vince, added you to the Zone 1 only list at the top of the thread...Rod

Dibs
04-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Hey all - add another croc to the roster. I just got my confirm email. :grin: Kind of stressful couple of hours given the time change and being in the green run group.

Crocagator
04-15-2011, 04:11 PM
You guys are killing me...I haven't stop laughing for over a half hour reading all of these emails...food shirts, sounds...great! I AM SO JEALOUS...I will be there for the CVR event though...

Gamecock
04-15-2011, 06:37 PM

Chuck

Last time we did that it didn't work out for us.

Gator Bite
04-15-2011, 06:43 PM
Last time we did that it didn't work out for us.

Oh man, you guys are freaking hillarious.... :grin:

gonzo
04-15-2011, 06:59 PM

Chuck

Mike, can we get a special order of Cayman register tee shirts in grey and blue?:wink:

Don 166
04-15-2011, 08:21 PM
Keep that on menu for me please...

Excellent! Added you to the OP at the top.

Yes, but they must be in New England style chowder :eek2:.

What a novel idea:rolleyes2:.

Its all good when you fry it brother.

Chuck and I are going cheap at the Falls $95/night.

josh.vince, added you to the Zone 1 only list at the top of the thread...Rod

Guys There is another place I can recommend it's only about 5 minutes from the Falls Motel really a neat little place some of the race teams rent the whole place it's owned by some friends of mine . Catharine Cottages they have a website. What they are are really clean neat cottages on Catharine Creek South of Watkins Glen . It's nice because you can have a campfire etc. Wayne and Laura Lynch own them you can say Don 166 sent you . Check them out.

Don 166

Rod
04-15-2011, 09:52 PM
Got my confirmation, I'm in White group number 581. Don, I hope to get some time in your passenger seat and hope you can get in mine, like first run Saturday!....Rod

Rod
04-15-2011, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the HTML coding Mike, that would hurt my head too much me thinks:rolleyes2:.

OK, its been a day and my brain is dead. Who has not registered for Zone 1 yet? Step forward and declare.

Chuck, hand me the belt....Rod

Croc'ed
04-16-2011, 12:27 AM
Thanks for the HTML coding Mike, that would hurt my head too much me thinks:rolleyes2:.

OK, its been a day and my brain is dead. Who has not registered for Zone 1 yet? Step forward and declare.

Spare the ROD, spoil the child, eh? :wink: I'm registered!

Gator Bite
04-16-2011, 08:52 AM

No problem Rod. I moved the table to post 2, and I'll take ownership of that. If it needs an update, just let me know.

ApexL8
04-16-2011, 09:53 AM
Last time we did that it didn't work out for us.Dagnabit, forgot about that little detail.Mike, can we get a special order of Cayman register tee shirts in grey and blue?:wink:Yes, blue + gray, a show of unity!

Got my confirmation email, White, #411 (I guess come to me if you need information?) but the roster link didn't work for me - yet - I bet it will be uploaded soon.

http://zone1.pca.org/48HoursRoster.pdf

Chuck

Don 166
04-16-2011, 08:58 PM
Got my confirmation, I'm in White group number 581. Don, I hope to get some time in your passenger seat and hope you can get in mine, like first run Saturday!....Rod

Rod

I will do my best I know I will have a student in Green or Yellow but you are in White so I should be able to go with you . You have never driven the Glen correct ?

Don

Rod
04-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Rod

I will do my best I know I will have a student in Green or Yellow but you are in White so I should be able to go with you . You have never driven the Glen correct ?

Don

No sir, Road Atlanta, VIR and Barber so far but that will change in 63 days:grin:. Wow, 2 students you are going to be hustling. If it works I'm in but I don't want to jamb you. I will use the back of the grid and follow the crowd strategy if they can't get us in the passenger seat on Friday.

OK, on another note since the roster isn't available yet I have no idea who has registered beyond the folks who have reported here. So what is the scoop on the following folk, have you registered? Please respond :smile:....Rod

Left Hander
gonzo
The Chad
Driver 8
FTS
josh.vince
Bman
Brazooca
Anucci
kpmatt00
iceben

BeantownS
04-16-2011, 09:35 PM
The last time I checked, late this afternoon, there were 27 Caymans registered! Wow!!

iceben
04-16-2011, 10:14 PM
iceben registered and made hotel reservation.

BeantownS, how did you check who is registered?

BeantownS
04-16-2011, 10:26 PM
As I recall, in the ClubRegistration site, click the arrow in the "select vehicle" box and it will show all the other drivers and their vehicles.:wink:

driver8
04-17-2011, 02:47 PM
Nice to see so many Caymans on the list. Add one more, I'm in.

Left Hander
04-17-2011, 08:46 PM

Rod gets one event in with expanded open course pasisng and next thing you know it hes gone Racin'