PDA

View Full Version : What would you ask Porsche . . ?

Gator Bite
11-12-2010, 12:01 PM
What would you ask Porsche . . ?

http://caymanregister.org/images/public/MannyInAction.gifThe LA Auto Show is right around the corner, and we've seen Manny and Vu in action before. They do a great job of representing all of us PCA members in front of Porsche, and they've brought us some really cool interviews and behind the scenes looks at cool new cars like the 918 Spyder. I'm sure they're going to be doing their thing next week at the show. In fact, Manny has offered to be our ears, eyes and mouth piece. He and Vu will be interviewing lots of Porsche folks. So, if you could pass along a question for them to ask Porsche, what would you ask?

Manny and Vu will do their best, but they may not be able to ask every question we throw at them, so Sonny, Brad and I will pick the top 5 or 10 from your suggestions. Let's give them some really good stuff to go to LA with.

Gator Bite
11-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Dear Porsche Representative,

I am a huge Cayman fan and I am planning on attending the PCA Porsche Parade next July in Savannah Georgia. At the last Parade, Porsche had provided two very exciting Boxster Spyders for the Michelin Drive and Compare. It was really great to see these cars up close, and even more exciting to drive them. Is there any chance that you could bring two Caymans this year?

Sincerely,

Speedy
11-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Dear Porsche Reprsentative,

The advances made by Porsche with its Intelligent Performace program are quite impressive. Does Porsche see such gasoline/electric hybrid vehicles as the long-term future of the company in its persuit of performance with efficiency/sustainability, or more of a "stop gap" measure (even if say, for 10 years) until a new technology is developed? Does Porsche have an idea of such a next generation technology?

Oh, and please continue to develop the Cayman platform in production and racing! :grin:

Rod
11-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Is a hard top, mid-engined, 2 door coupe (the Cayman) an important model for Porsche to develop and evolve for the next 10 years?

Carmona Red
11-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Is it possible to order a Cayman S equipped with Sport Chrono WITHOUT the clock on the dash?

Manny Alban
11-13-2010, 08:24 PM
keep them coming folks. We'll try and include as many as possible. We have been told that we'll have exclusive access to the cars on display and the folks from Porsche. One big advantage of having the Cayman Register as the only officially recognized Cayman group in North America. For those attending the PCA event on Friday morning, please come up and say hi. Would love to meet you. Should be a lot of fun if its anything like the NYC show. A nice perk of PCA membership.

Santa Fe
11-13-2010, 08:47 PM
We think we know why the ignition switch is left of the steering wheel. Is there an official story?

Porsche seems to put performance over tech toys. How are decisions about introducing things like iPhone connectivity prioritized against other choices?

What is Porsche's position on owner modifications?

Any plans for an AWD Cayman for us snowed in fans?

When is the next all new Cayman going to be introduced?

Can we look forward to a hybrid version of the Cayman as an option?

How will VW integrate Porsche's performance technology into the VW product mix?

What is Porsche's favorite US Cayman Internet forum?

Gator Bite
11-13-2010, 09:51 PM
Oooh...... I like that last one..... :smile:

CrocZilla
11-15-2010, 04:27 PM
I have one... When is the cayman going to be officially sponsored in racing like the GT3 RSR or cup cars? Is there such a plan?

Gator Bite
11-17-2010, 06:59 AM
Or, "What does Porsche think of the 'Cayman Interseries'?"