PDA

View Full Version : PCA Boxster Register

Gator Bite
06-01-2010, 08:22 PM
http://caymanregister.org/images/Porsche/Spyder.jpgCongratulations to the Boxster Register Team !
Today (June 1st, 2010) is an important day in PCA history. Today the Porsche Club of America has a new register group, this time for Boxster owners. Please help me in congratulating Bob Purgason (the Boxster Register Advocate, aka Bruno Boxster), John Novotnak (Boxster Register Administrator, aka Keoni986) and Miles Beach (Boxster Register Administrator, aka Beach987) for their successful launch of another online community inside the PCA.

Bob, John and Miles have been working very hard on this project since January. I know I can speak for beez and Santa Fe when I say that it has been our pleasure to work with and guide them into this endeavor. They have been a pleasure to work with, have learned incredibly quickly and excelled in so many ways. They've done a fantastic job. The Boxster community is in for a very pleasant surprise.

Please help them spread the word. If you know a Boxster enthusiast, please tell them to check out http://BoxsterRegister.org (http://boxsterregister.org/). As Cayman owners, we have a lot of valuable information that can be of use to the 987 Boxster community. So Boxster enthusiasts are always welcome here, and likewise Cayman enthusiasts are always welcome at the Boxster Register. Drop in and check them out, and feel free to register for full access (http://boxsterregister.org/register.php?referrerid=1).

Left Hander
06-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Many thanks Gator Bite, Santa Fe, and Beez for the untold hours you have provided to the BR team! The site looks fabulous and clearly benefitted tremendously from you all's guidance.

LH

Croc'ed
06-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Excellent work! I've just posted a message on a local Metro NY Porsche enthusiasts social networking board. A few of the PCA members there own Boxsters, and hopefully they'll join in the fray.

ENGNR1
06-01-2010, 11:01 PM
They have a great cover link to a history-of-the-Boxster article with some photos of the original show car (if you've ever seen it at the Porsche museum you know the original Boxster is much smaller than the production model). Given the history of the Boxster is the direct precursor of the history of the Cayman, a definite must read for all of us.

Gator Bite
06-02-2010, 09:14 AM
I think the Boxster Register is going to be huge.... Think about it... The Boxster was available for 9 years before the Cayman came on the scene, and there are a LOT of owners out there. I know there are other foroms out there, but it seems like some cater only to the 986 while others cater solely to track used Boxsters. I think there is a real place on the net for a balanced Boxster board, one for and by mature owners who want to talk, learn and share Porsche talk.

The Chad
06-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Congrats to those guys!

I wish the best.

Chad

70Sixter
06-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Let me add my appreciation for the Team's work on the BR! I had to join CR I was soooo impressed.

Gator Bite
06-04-2010, 09:15 AM
Let me add my appreciation for the Team's work on the BR! I had to join CR I was soooo impressed.

Great to have you here Mike. We're glad you like it too. Bob and the gang liked a lot of what we did here, and humbly asked if they could use much of our DNA. That was very flattering and we were happy to oblige. They have come up with some really great ideas too, some we hope to copy from them. The Cayman Register and Boxster Register are family, carved from the same DNA and connected. The relationship we have formed will help us all.

Croc'ed
06-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Great to have you here Mike. We're glad you like it too. Bob and the gang liked a lot of what we did here, and humbly asked if they could use much of our DNA. That was very flattering and we were happy to oblige. They have come up with some really great ideas too, some we hope to copy from them. The Cayman Register and Boxster Register are family, carved from the same DNA and connected. The relationship we have formed will help us all.

You might need a little RNA to help the two websites communicate... :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RNA

ENGNR1
06-05-2010, 12:41 AM

One idea might be to have a "History of the Cayman" which follows on from the History of the Boxster item in the BR. It might be interesting to know just when Wendelin and the Porsche clan figured out they needed a coupe version of the Boxster and how that influenced the overall 987 development.

Gator Bite
06-05-2010, 06:35 AM
You might need a little RNA to help the two websites communicate... :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RNA

:rolleyes2:

One idea might be to have a "History of the Cayman" which follows on from the History of the Boxster item in the BR. It might be interesting to know just when Wendelin and the Porsche clan figured out they needed a coupe version of the Boxster and how that influenced the overall 987 development.

Already in development, though there is not a lot of history yet.

Left Hander
06-05-2010, 10:50 AM
having enjoyed watching our CR grow it is fun to do the same at the BR! Today there were almost as many active threads on both sites!

only downside is I'm now spending even more hours on the Register(s):eek2:

Gator Bite
06-19-2010, 02:32 PM
Wow.... Would you believe that since June 1st, those guys have signed up over 534 new members.... The Boxster Register is going to be HUGE....!

Left Hander
06-19-2010, 02:47 PM
it is really taking off well, some days when I hit "new posts" there are equal amounts of new posts!

The Chad
06-19-2010, 04:36 PM
Wow congrats guys! I dont think I would be able to keep up with that one. Just not enough hours in a day.

Chad